Altec 230B Console Manual

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's unichassis, no modules. 

It's kinda the Western Electric 23 as to the Western Electric 25.  Get it?  23/230, 25/250.  Not that it means the circuits translate, but the general product tier. 

It must be out there, and I've found the best way to conjure such is to start drawing it yourself.  A finished reverse engineering always brings it out...well, usually.  If not, then you've got it. 

emrr said:
It must be out there, and I've found the best way to conjure such is to start drawing it yourself.  A finished reverse engineering always brings it out...well, usually.  If not, then you've got it.

Truth, it has happened to me with a preamp circuit.

Anybody have a scan or a source to purchase?
Hi Dmichel123. I know this thread is old, but did you ever find service documents? I have a 230B on the bench, and the psu marked in my console reads P523B

Guess I get to call around and search because I don't have time to be reverse engineering here

Attachments

• 20221026_124739.jpg
    20221026_124739.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Hi Dmichel123. I know this thread is old, but did you ever find service documents? I have a 230B on the bench, and the psu marked in my console reads P523B

Guess I get to call around and search because I don't have time to be reverse engineering here
I still haven’t seen this show up. Have the guts of one here.

Back