Pultec problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbi

Hi all,
a while ago I build two Pultecs (EQP-1A) and am pretty sure they worked like they should to begin with.
However now, when Lo-boost is at 0 it is still boosting about 5db and the boost follows the lo-freq switch. If I turn up the boost knob I get more boost so the only problem is that I can't get to zero boost. Everything else works normally and if I bypass the boost goes away.

Any ideas?

The bass boost pot shorts out the boosting caps when turned to zero. If you still get boost at zero then my first suspect would be this pot.

Cheers

Ian

Ok found that if I lift the pot just a tiny bit above zero the boost reduces to around 1.5db instead of 5db so seems like pot is shorting at zero. However still this 1.5 db boost... should maybe try swapping out the pot....

bubbi said:
Ok found that if I lift the pot just a tiny bit above zero the boost reduces to around 1.5db instead of 5db so seems like pot is shorting at zero. However still this 1.5 db boost... should maybe try swapping out the pot....

Definitely sounds like a dodgy pot.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back