Which version of Drip EQP1a ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluzzi

I am contemplating building a pair and I notice that there are a few versions out there (looking at a pair from builder that wants to sell).

From the Drip video it would seem that version 4 is the one to get but I don't even know if it's for sale yet.

Anyone have version 4? Any problems to lookout for on previous versions?

Cheers

Jim

Hey Jim,

long time my friend!

Obviously: no Drip PCB version...P2P!!  8)
hahaha ;D

Honestly - it's not because I sell the authentic chassis kits for the P2P version in the WM

But the EQP-1A is a reeeeaaally simple circuit and there's a nice wiring layout + a BOM in my WM (which you should check out anyway)

Why would you want to spend over $200 ONLY for a pcb then??  :eek:

Anyway I hope you're doing well!
Martin

Hi Martin! Good to hear from you!

Hope all is well with you and your 2 DIY persons (your kids!) and lady companion.

It's been a while. I have a chance to get 2 boards at a lot less than that but I don't know what version they are.

I don't mind P2P! I made 2 LA2A that way that sounded perfectly well. I regret selling them but I needed the money. Sometimes a PCB just makes things easier. In the case of Drip's EQ from what I see only his last version 4 is totally correct and I would rather not have to dig up what the problems are (and if they are actual problems or imagined).

I'll check out your site Martin and get back to you. We should stay in contact. Always a pleasure hearing from you.

Cheers

Jim

Msrtin I tried to get info on your Website but nothing happens after putting in my email address and clicking the button.

Let me know what I can do.

The Drip boards are version 1 so I am not sure if it is worth it.

Cheers

Jim

I may be totally wrong (I only have access to V3, of which I built two, and what's currently available) but I think his ethos is to keep the circuit as close as possible to the original but upgrade the heater supply.  Maybe he has modified/improved the layout in terms of physical size. 

If I had it to do over again, I'd just do it point-to-point.  More fun and less money.  But yes, the pcb does make it simpler. 

- Jim 

Drip V4 has DC heaters, FWIW. However, all the originals are AC heaters, no complaints I’ve heard.

If building PTP, the filter box is the pain in the ass. The PCB’s sure make the build a hell of a lot faster and easier, especially if you’re inexperienced . I built two V3’s and love them. DEAD quiet too, and with AC heaters.

Back