C&K F series switches button

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spino

Has anybody ever used these guys?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2dcfprv8dpfup9/CKF%20series%20button%20small.jpg?dl=0
They're the "fisheye" C&K F series buttons.

I'd like to use them but I have no idea whatsoever about where the little hook should attach to.
There's nothing on the actual switch, and the hook is way to far from the front panel.

Do I have to cut out a part of the underlying pcb for the hook to attach to? (What if the switches were panel mounted?)

I really have no clue.
Thanks.

I have struggled not choosing this combo for my console build, as they are simple and effective, but darn expensive (the switches).  I purchased a few to mess around with and they seem no more different in geometry than your standard 70's schadow, except that they are sealed contacts. I believe there's a plastic bridge that goes over the switches that holds the indicator cap legs in place.

Sounds like a great project for a 3d printer! 

boji said:
I have struggled not choosing this combo for my console build, as they are simple and effective, but darn expensive (the switches).  I purchased a few to mess around with and they seem no more different in geometry than your standard 70's schadow, except that they are sealed contacts. I believe there's a plastic bridge that goes over the switches that holds the indicator cap legs in place.

Sounds like a great project for a 3d printer!

Thanks for the info. So you're telling me that I ordered a couple of  switches and the relative caps and they didn't include the plastic thing? Kinda odd but I'll ask around.

The basic switch cost me less than 2 bucks, I needed 2 in total and I wanted the "fisheye" effect. I realize that if you have a whole console and big numbers cost might be an issue.

Here's a C&K spec sheet showing the plastic pieces I think. Pages 7-9.

https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/60/-221978-1159732.pdf

You know on second glance I can't tell if those bridges are used for ganging switches so that they auto deselect when pressing other switches, or if it is the 'leg holder' for the fisheye cap.  I t might be that the leg attachment is part of the fancy (chunky!) black bezel that surrounds the button in the picture...

The little hook goes behind the panel the switch is screwed to. So it passes through the hole cut for the switch shaft and hooks behind it

You should just be able to see what I mean on the left hand side of this photo of an Orban EQ

Nick Froome

Attachments

• IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 87
pvision said:
The little hook goes behind the panel the switch is screwed to. So it passes through the hole cut for the switch shaft and hooks behind it

You should just be able to see what I mean on the left hand side of this photo of an Orban EQ

Nick Froome

Hi Nick,

Sorry for reliving the thread so late but I didn't see your answer. Mine were not panel mounted but pcb kind.

I later discovered that the plastic hook gets pressed between the switch and the pcb once correctly installed, and that the light friction of the hook on the pcb makes the switch indicator behave correctly.

Spino said:
Has anybody ever used these guys?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2dcfprv8dpfup9/CKF%20series%20button%20small.jpg?dl=0
They're the "fisheye" C&K F series buttons.

I'd like to use them but I have no idea whatsoever about where the little hook should attach to.
There's nothing on the actual switch, and the hook is way to far from the front panel.

Do I have to cut out a part of the underlying pcb for the hook to attach to? (What if the switches were panel mounted?)

I really have no clue.
Thanks.
There are two options: either you order the rail, that has a rectangular cut-out in which the hook clicks, or you drill a hole in the PCB.

abbey road d enfer said:
There are two options: either you order the rail, that has a rectangular cut-out in which the hook clicks, or you drill a hole in the PCB.

it is a pity the data sheet does not explain this better.

Cheers

Ian

Back