KM84 DIY Body & PCB kit – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone knows if I can use a lower voltage WIMA capacitor (470pf 2.5%)? Like 100V instead of 250V? 250V is out of stock here :( Any solution? Thanks! :)

Banzai said:
PCB layout, schematic and BOM available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s2pfjwo7bb3a0zr/AABnKkG5hzBzXf-Ha7VlZ7Kaa?dl=0

Graeme made 2 versions of the board. Once everyone decides which one they prefer, we'll produce the boards and include them in your shipments. Lead-time is 7-10 days after all orders are in.

Has the version of the P.S.B. been decided?  Are they being made?

TillM said:
The KM84 from a friend of mine use 100v. So this would be definitely work

Yep, absolutely. 100v will be fine, it's not using more than +46 so go hard. The components are personal choice and I've tried to keep the footprints a little bit flexible if you want to put something else in a hole. :)

Winetree said:
Has the version of the P.S.B. been decided?  Are they being made?

PCB's will be ordered on Monday!

Just processed a few refunds. Sale went a bit quick at the end and we oversold a few units. Sorry for the inconvenience!!!

If you haven't received a refund by now, then your order is confirmed.

Cinemag Groupbuy:

Confirmed yesterday, it's $50/unit with a 6-week leadtime.
To add to that is a one-time shipping fee from US to CH.

We should expect it to arrive around 7-8 weeks after we order.
Price is only valid if we get more than 50pcs, which I think we can manage.

Long wait, so up to you!

I'm still IN for 2 pieces!

I'm paying attention here \o/

After that will u send the pieces to everyone? Sorry for the question! I'm a first time buying things this way! haha

Peace!

Any chance that US buyers for the tx can be shipped direct. Seems a little odd to pay double for shipping to and from Europe when they are here in the US.

Mulmany said:
Any chance that US buyers for the tx can be shipped direct. Seems a little odd to pay double for shipping to and from Europe when they are here in the US.

Of course you can, but you'll pay the single unit price. For that just order direct.

The shipping here won't be double. The leg from Europe to US is already covered in your kits. The leg from US to Europe is split between 20 to 40 people.

Just to be clear, anyone who enters the groupbuy won't receive their kits until the Cinemag's are included. Those who don't want any transformers, your kits ship as soon as the boards are done.

Definitely still in for 2 Cinemags!
Let us know when you need payment.
Thanks Banzai

Idem, I'm in for 2 Cinemags, just say when and how much to pay and I'll do the necessary.

As an alternative to the Cinemag, there is the 3u GZT-47, which is quite nice. It is 6.5:1 instead of 6.9:1. Will it make much of a difference?  It certainly is quite cheaper.

Banzai said:
Of course you can, but you'll pay the single unit price. For that just order direct.

The shipping here won't be double. The leg from Europe to US is already covered in your kits. The leg from US to Europe is split between 20 to 40 people.

Just to be clear, anyone who enters the groupbuy won't receive their kits until the Cinemag's are included. Those who don't want any transformers, your kits ship as soon as the boards are done.

Ah... Thanks. That makes a lot more sense! I am in for 2.

Latest posts

Back