KM84 DIY Body & PCB kit – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have the kits been shipped to those who are not apart of the cinemag group buy?

59flame said:
have the kits been shipped to those who are not apart of the cinemag group buy?

Not yet – will update here when the boards arrive. Should be any day now.

Boards are done with Eurocircuits. Very high quality, european made. Worth the wait!

Jim50hertz said:
How did I miss  this?  I’d it possible to get a hold of two kits?
Peace
Jim

Sounds like there might be enough interest for a possible 2nd run for those of us who missed this one.

Boards arrived today!!!  :D

No idea why it took so long, but at least we have them now.

Thanks for the patience and your orders will be packed&shipped over the next few days.

Hey guys,

since I'm from Germany and also bought 2 of the mic body kits, I checked directly with HAUFE who made the original BV107 transformer for the KM84 and asked if they could make it available again.
I just heard back from them and they are checking with their engineers. But I was also asked how many I need and I'm pretty sure the chances are better if it's more than the 2 trannys I need for my builds  ;D

I'm now waiting on their reply with an estimated price - I also asked them what the price would be for 10+ and for 20+ of the trannys...who would join me?

I'm already in the group buy for the cinemags but would be definitely interested in a pair of Haufe.

Andreas

rainton said:
Hey guys,

since I'm from Germany and also bought 2 of the mic body kits, I checked directly with HAUFE who made the original BV107 transformer for the KM84 and asked if they could make it available again.
I just heard back from them and they are checking with their engineers. But I was also asked how many I need and I'm pretty sure the chances are better if it's more than the 2 trannys I need for my builds  ;D

I'm now waiting on their reply with an estimated price - I also asked them what the price would be for 10+ and for 20+ of the trannys...who would join me?

Really !? That’s amazing.
When I write them a month ago, they told me, that they don’t produce them anymore.

TillM said:
Really !? That’s amazing.
When I write them a month ago, they told me, that they don’t produce them anymore.

What they wrote me is (kind of): "These transformers haven't been produced since 2001 and we have to check our manufacturing options. How many would you need?"

So I replied that I will ask around but that I'm pretty positive that we would reach 10+ or even 20+ pieces... ;)

I also ordered Cinemags....
Now I want the Haufes too :p

Yeah I'm in for two, depending on price.

Thanks for asking  Rainton! :D

Cheers
Moshe

Morning guys!

re: the Haufes.

I couldn't say what dimensions those transformers  going to be, but the space in the PCB was specifically for the Cinemag sizing so odds are they won't fit. Certainly if they're the dimensions of the originals. That said, it'd certainly be exciting to hear these kits with an "original" tranny in it, so maybe if it doesn't fit the current cutout the board could be jiggled around to fit the other transformer in a future kit.

Depends on a few things, of course, interest being the main thing. :)

Good news everybody,

I just talked to someone from Haufe and indeed they  CAN DO a reissue of the original BV107 transformer for us!!
I'll get a quote later today or Monday.

Looking at the pcb layout - even if the original tranny doesn't fit the board it should be easy to modify the pcb to make it all fit into the body tube.
But of course for future versions it would be cool to have the original trannys fit without modding :)

stay tuned

Ok, I already received the quote :)

if we buy up to 10 pcs. they will be EUR 85.00 ea.
11-20 pcs. will be EUR 81.00 ea.

lead time is 10 weeks - ouch!

But hey - considering they haven't been in production for almost 20 years, 10 weeks is nothing, right  ;D
So should we start a list here, or should I start a dedicated thread for it?

Got 4 mic bodies and Mouser parts order on the same day.
Got busy last night and stuffed the boards with everything but a couple of backordered parts and transformers.
Are there any build pictures for reference?
I'm on the fence about the transformers. The Haufes will cost me twice the price of the Cinemags.
Wonder if there's a sound difference?  But, It could be the only chance to get the original transformers.

Back