KM84 DIY Body & PCB kit – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damianschwartz said:
Will you make more available?? interested in two units and missed this  :-\

We'll definitely do another batch in a few months.

I would be interested in two microphone capsules (only the capsules, no body, PCB or XLR part) to replace the capsules of a pair of existing microphones. Would this be possible?

Hi Ruud, every available part was sold out in the current run.

For the next batch we'll make some extra capsules as well.

Banzai said:
We'll definitely do another batch in a few months.

Great to hear! Will you make an option to fit the Haufe transformers for those of us who joined in on rainton's order?

Hi Bram

"Will you make an option to fit the Haufe transformers for those of us who joined in on rainton's order?"

There's been some thoughts on that, and it's a good idea. The trick will be tweaking it all to fit the Haufe trafo and that will take time. I haven't had one in my hand but if it's the same dimensions as the original BV then it's going to require a redesign of the board.

The next run will most likely be for the same Cinemag sizing, but there's some good thoughts in the pipeline to stay tuned for.

Banzai said:
Hi Ruud, every available part was sold out in the current run.

For the next batch we'll make some extra capsules as well.

That sounds awesome, I'd be in for at least one capsule as well!

Hi Banzai

I'm having trouble finding the 2N3819 JFETs, as they have sold out at Mouser and elsewhere, and now the manufacturer is re-designing them.
Is there something you can suggest that will work as a replacement?

Regards

Olly

Hi Olly,

A great place to still buy 2N3819's is ebay. You can get them from European or US sellers.

Hope that helps!

Back