KM84 DIY Body & PCB kit – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the orders!  :D

Two notes:

– For anyone who ordered in the first round, we made a custom spring connector for this batch. No more need to cut the spring pin to length, and the board will fit directly into the slots without any cutting/filing needed.

– The 3U GZT-84 is a great low-cost transformer option for this kit. Ebay price is €34 shipped

I can get a 30% discount by ordering in bulk, and include it with the kit for €25/pc extra. No leadtime involved as we can buy from existing stock. Will need at least 50pcs ordered to make it happen, but for now:

Only available to anyone who's ordering the kit in this batch, just send €25 extra for each one you need

Paypal fees are included in price making it easy, and there are no limits on quantity – for eg., if you bought two kits but want to order 3 transformers, no problem.

Hi Banzai
Just ordered one kit with 3u transformer. Note that as i mentioned to you earlier, i would be interested in 2 bodies only. I see that RuudNL wants capsules only. Can we make that happen?
Thanks

fsalter said:
Hi Banzai
Just ordered one kit with 3u transformer. Note that as i mentioned to you earlier, i would be interested in 2 bodies only. I see that RuudNL wants capsules only. Can we make that happen?
Thanks

Thanks for the order!

If you guys want to split kits up between you, please do.

Thanks for the orders!  ;)

Some pics of the capsule – polished and nickel plated capsule head & filter mesh plate + new diaphragms:

DIY-KM84-capsule-A.jpg

DIY-KM84-capsule-B.jpg

DIY-KM84-capsule-C.jpg

Fresh skins  8)

MAIKU-Mylar-3.png

Banzai said:
Thanks for the order!

If you guys want to split kits up between you, please do.

fsalter, I defer to Ruud having first dibs, but if he backs out maybe we can make a deal. We are both in Canada which could make things much easier shipping-wise.

Hi,

What's the difference with the older kit's diaphragm ?

Banzai said:
Thanks for the orders!  ;)

Some pics of the capsule – polished and nickel plated capsule head & filter mesh plate + new diaphragms:

AttamanuBe said:
Hi,

What's the difference with the older kit's diaphragm ?

Same. For both batches the capsules received the plating treatment and fresh Maiku skins.

As a sidenote, no idea how the stock version sounds since we always received the capsule in parts. But altogether it's a great capsule for this kind of rework - no flaws in the metalwork design to mess up the freq response.

Hi Banzai,

I'm just discovering the project. Nice stuff !!
I'm thinking about to buy two kits with trafos.
Do you provide building instructions ? 

Thanks

Max51 said:
Do you provide building instructions ? 
Thanks

There's a schematic and a BOM for components, but I'm hoping to put together a simple "how it goes together" tutorial in the near future for those who'd find it handy.

Luckily it's a nice straight forward little fulla that pretty much anyone can tackle!  ;D

Graeme

GraemeWoller said:
There's a schematic and a BOM for components, but I'm hoping to put together a simple "how it goes together" tutorial in the near future for those who'd find it handy.

Ok thanks,
I placed an order for 2 kits with trafos,

Cheers !

Latest posts

Back