KM84 DIY Body & PCB kit – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I overpaid last round also.  I keep forgetting that shipping charges are combined

Banzai said:
When unpacking, your box should contain:

- mic bodies + capsules
- PCB's
- FET's and M2 screws
- plastic capsule pins + XLR connector
- transformers (if ordered)

@Banzai, i was just ordering to build my mics from the February batch (didn't have the time yet) and my box doesn't contain the Fets. I understand it should?
Edit, neither the M2, not that that matters...

Hey Damian, FET's and screws were packed together in a tiny ziplock bag. They weren't inside any of the bubble bags.

Double check everything carefully, and send me a pm if they're missing. I can replace that for you.

Out of stock 47K resistor @ Mouser can be replaced with this:

https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/?qs=8kFZCSt8PPG4zBeH2lzuZg%3D%3D

duantro said:
Damn, I overpaid last round also.  I keep forgetting that shipping charges are combined

It's my bad. The way I've written it isn't ideal.

Probably better if I split kit price from shipping, and make everything simpler.

Banzai said:
It's my bad. The way I've written it isn't ideal.

Probably better if I split kit price from shipping, and make everything simpler.
No worries, thanks for the effort of putting this together.

What would the possibility of doing some sort of input pad on these? Would it be hard to make a threaded pad section to screw under the cap like oktavas? Just curious, as I bet these would sound good on snare.

duantro said:
What would the possibility of doing some sort of input pad on these? Would it be hard to make a threaded pad section to screw under the cap like oktavas? Just curious, as I bet these would sound good on snare.

In the Neumann, it is done by adding a 15pf cap parallel to C2 (4pf). 

Using a 20pf cap for C2 would be about the same, or you could try to add a toggle switch

Hi Banzai,

Payment just sent for 2 kits and 2 transformers.

Many thanks for this great offer ! :)

Cheers

nEon.

Thanks again for the orders!

Only 8 kits left

Once kits are sold-out I'll mark the thread "closed".
Until then you can send your orders as normal.

Latest posts

Back