• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Re: WTB: IOaudio MK-U47 kit or D-EF47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rixsta

I am also Interested in one as I have an unfinished U47 parts lying around and would love a fantastic sounding microphone! atleast one!

I'm also interested in obtaining this, though I only really care about the PCB.

Just want to bump this up as Im ready to start building one again!

Any parts to get this or very similar to U47 as possible is wanted!

Hello,

Wich kit are you looking for, he made 2, one with a U47 body kit en one with a clone body

I think, I still have two of the clone body kits I was planning to build, later I build 1 of the MK-U47 kits.

If you are interested I wil look them up.

Kind regards

Hi

Thanks for that

I was planing on doing the MK47 as it fits my SCT700 Microhphone
http://wiki.diyrecordingequipment.com/projects/ioaudio-mk47-tube-mic/

Looking at this MK-U47 this looks interesting too but one thread said it would cost a lot more to do, is that because it needs the Flea U47 Kit for it ? just not sure exactly which body is needed here.

I read that the MK-U47 is closer to the original microphone but perhaps sounds a little detailed in sound.

Ill have a look into this today !

Rixsta said:
Hi

Thanks for that

I was planing on doing the MK47 as it fits my SCT700 Microhphone
http://wiki.diyrecordingequipment.com/projects/ioaudio-mk47-tube-mic/

Looking at this MK-U47 this looks interesting too but one thread said it would cost a lot more to do, is that because it needs the Flea U47 Kit for it ? just not sure exactly which body is needed here.

I read that the MK-U47 is closer to the original microphone but perhaps sounds a little detailed in sound.

Ill have a look into this today !

The mk47 is the "cheap" one.  It was designed around a more universal PCB, and you would put it in a variety of chinese bodies.

The mku47 is the fancy expensive one, and the body alone is like $700+.  I believe both came with the same transformer, and the circuit in a u47 has about 6 parts in it, but the mku47 has a little tag board just like a vintage u47, rather than a PCB.  The MKU47 was the most accurate kit clone until poctop started offering his body kits, which are at this point part for part accurate to a real one I believe.

Hello,

I have two of these: http://wiki.diyrecordingequipment.com/projects/ioaudio-mk47-tube-mic/

The MK-U47 is not for sale, and yess a lot more expensive.

But I do have a extra power supply ready to go, so for one kit I kan add a connection cable and power supply.

I will see if I can organise some pictures.

DJN

Hey thanks

Im still not sure so Im looking into D-EF47 vs the MK-U47, Ive heard samples of the MK-U47 compared to the MK47 and prefered the MK-U47 and looking at the D_EF47 this also looks good, so more research needed here before I decide which.

Hi

It is up to you,

The MK-U47, maybe build you see once in a while.

Good luck with your search.

Djn

I have a complete 47 D-EF mic is somebody needs it(custom PSU, Aputis mic body, acrilic ptp boards, NOS MP caps, Poctop custom capsule, TAB BV08 Classic, all accessories like case shockmount etc)

Attachments

• u47def.jpg
    u47def.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 35
TLRT said:
I have a complete 47 D-EF mic is somebody needs it(custom PSU, Aputis mic body, acrilic ptp boards, NOS MP caps, Poctop custom capsule, TAB BV08 Classic, all accessories like case shockmount etc)
You Actually got an Aputis body!?  :eek: I'm in search of a u47 body, any thought on what you'd sell your mic for?

duantro said:
You Actually got an Aputis body!?  :eek: I'm in search of a u47 body, any thought on what you'd sell your mic for?

Yes I got like a dozen from him until 2018,then he finished this model. Mic is 1500EUR, I can send many samples these mics are highly regarded by the local classical music /jazz studios,mics are very reliable I can send spare tubes also.
here is an example with David Liebman on sax:
https://youtu.be/6B9MnHoO4RY

TLRT said:
Yes I got like a dozen from him until 2018,then he finished this model. Mic is 1500EUR, I can send many samples these mics are highly regarded by the local classical music /jazz studios,mics are very reliable I can send spare tubes also.
here is an example with David Liebman on sax:
https://youtu.be/6B9MnHoO4RY
Nice. I'm sure it's worth it. I'm more in the market for a body, as I have most of the parts to build one. thanks!

Thankyou guys, I have replied

I am open to fully compleated microphones (I do love to build, but this would saves me time to make the album recording rather than microphone building!!!!) either MK-U47 or D-EF47

Back