Political Compass

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmp

Where do you fall?

https://www.politicalcompass.org/

Attachments

• BigLebowski.jpg
    BigLebowski.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 49
chart

I'm shocked, I'm to the right of y'all

JR

PS: I almost bailed on the test because some of the questions were BS (bravo sierra)..

And if you are concerned with privacy don't carry a cell phone.
Answering a few questions on a short political compass survey is nothing in comparison.

I'm SW of dmp.  There were roughly a half dozen questions I might've answered differently in a different mood. 

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.08

The test (like the very common type of thinking behind it) has some basic problems due to a lack of a coherent way to distinguish what it calls the "social libertarian/authoritarian" axis.  I strongly believe that capitalism must be heavily regulated with lots of public visibility, and I reject all religious and pseudo religious or other identity group or racial "morals" about sex, family roles, conserving old cultures in the present, etc.  So already I am hard to reduce to  a number "for or against strong government" because that depends on whether you assume governments have any business favoring some types of relationships or other personal choices.

I also believe in personal accountability. It can't just be a thing for other people, corporations, and governments. Had the questions asked about student loan debt relief(against), illegally downloading music/movies (against), or lying online or on resumes (against), that distinction could have been made and you would have a more meaningful portrait (if not one that goes easily on an XY axis). I may be a "social libertarian" in the sense that I don't care about poking and toking but that doesn't mean I don't find fault with individuals on other issues.

Most political discussion is predicated on the assumption that no one is going to take responsibility for their own problems, therefore  the first question is whether you are going to use corporations,  government, or other kinds of people as your scapegoat.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27971611_1657405631012863_6868630997738257409_n.jpg?oh=c671e4bf486db60dd7855d9c3176f91c&oe=5B042787

Today, I sit about here...
https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=-3.25&soc=-2.21
MP5mRSd.png

I almost bailed on the test because some of the questions were BS (bravo sierra)..

I agree it's written by someone fairly biased against authoritarianism.  It also leads the witness like ten times.

Edit: "Question 116: If you were a horrible, soulless, godless, pap-smear-on-the-glass-slide-of-humanity,  would you ensure your kids go to school after a bomb threat was called in the previous day?"

I find quizzes like this are usually pretty biased one way or the other. There are a good chunk of really vague questions, and then some really specific ones that are for one side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200505_123239.jpg
    Screenshot_20200505_123239.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 5
I think I read somewhere Cambridge Analytica were the people behind this online test , you can see how valuable a tool like that could be to them .

Hook ,line and sinkered , then just reel um in  ;D

Icantthinkofaname said:
I find quizzes like this are usually pretty biased one way or the other. There are a good chunk of really vague questions, and then some really specific ones that are for one side.
In fact asking leading questions is a popular technique for modern political persuasion.

Don't ignore the man (woman?) behind the curtain. They don't want to know what you think, they want to mold it.

JR

I wish there would have been a "neither" option in between agree and disagree. Not sure if that would have swung me further in any one direction.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 0
Back