Scarlett i2 instrument input impedance

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

The manual for the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gives vales fro the input impedances of the mic and line inputs but it does not quote a value for the instrument input. Anyone know what it is?

Cheers

Ian

I had a quick look and couldnt find any info about instrument  input Z , what I did find was that many had trouble with headroom using humbuckers with the generation one Scarlet 212 ,the second gen reduced the instrument gain by 8db and fixed the problem.

Tubetec said:
I had a quick look and couldnt find any info about instrument  input Z , what I did find was that many had trouble with headroom using humbuckers with the generation one Scarlet 212 ,the second gen reduced the instrument gain by 8db and fixed the problem.

Thanks for the tip.  That is not a problem for me. I just wanted a HI-Z input for testing an EQ so I could be sure the test equipment is not loading it.

Cheers

Ian

Interesting question posed all the same , 1meg being the usual input z of valve gear for instrument input ,seeing as much above 10khz isnt of any interest to passive pickups and that the volume pot in a guitar is almost always between 250k to 1meg would a cathode follower input stage be more appropriate ?

Tubetec said:
Interesting question posed all the same , 1meg being the usual input z of valve gear for instrument input ,seeing as much above 10khz isnt of any interest to passive pickups and that the volume pot in a guitar is almost always between 250k to 1meg would a cathode follower input stage be more appropriate ?

I suspect they use a FET follower which is the semiconductor equivalent.

Cheers

Ian

Back