RIP Ken Dodd

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

One of Britain's best loved comedians, SIr Ken Dodd, died yesterday aged 90. He is still probably the world's cleanest and funniest comedian. There will be a lot of laughter in heaven today.

One of my favourites:

The man who invented cat's eyes apparently go the idea when he saw the eyes of a cat in his headlights. If the cat had been going the other way he would have invented the pencil sharpener.

Cheers

Ian

I didn't really know him here in the US, but had a look and he was the real deal.  RIP. 

He was the last of the music hall generation, with an absolutely phenomenal work ethic - spending most of every year on the road, well into his eighties. I had the pleasure of seeing him live twice in the late 1990s, and I’ve not laughed so hard before or since. It was like being gently sandblasted with the very finest-grade humour, for about 4 hours.

A consummate showman and entertainer. RIP.

I guess one of the guys great strenghts was being able to make people laugh but not at anothers expense ,or at the expense of minorities etc.
Fun comedy ,without any political subtext ,bit of a dying art in this day and age I'd say .

Tubetec said:
I guess one of the guys great strengths was being able to make people laugh but not at another's expense ,X

Except perhaps mothers-in-law and blondes:

I haven't spoken to my mother-in-law for 18 months. I don't like to interrupt her.

How do you make a blonde laugh on Sunday? Tell her a joke on Wednesday.

Cheers

Ian

I saw him at the High Wycombe theatre some years ago - it is true what they say, they almost have to pull him off the stage with a great big hook.  He was supposed to be on stage for a  2 1/2  hour show, and we got out after 4.

I have never laughed so much in my life - and it continued all the way home.  :)

Brilliant comedian and he supposedly got his own back on the taxman by marrying his partnerat the last minute and avoided death duties on his estate.

Mike

Back