• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

[Sold] Igor' TG12413 Rack with high quality parts but needs unity gain debug

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jplebre

Built with high quality components, I started this project about the time Igor disappeared and as you can see from the thread is not from the faint of heart.

It's mostly populated. Board A has "replacement transistors", Board B has the older ones (sourced from Electrochronic).
Built with 1:1 DOA and Transformer, Matched Diodes, Carnhill output transformers, DOA input, edcor 1:1 for input.
Wima caps, Lorlin for the PCB switches, ELMA for the output, 2 SIFAM meters.

This costs a small fortune in parts and the boards don't exist anymore so this won't be cheap. Here's a break down for the costs.

If I sell it I'd add in a bag with the rest of the "old" transistors and enough BC transistors for you to populate both boards with whatever transistors you like.
- Transistors (MJE2955, BC177, MJE3055) £10
- OA202/CV7332 £5
- BC214 £5
- BC107 £4
- BC184 £5
- Front and Back panel £110 (from Frank NRG panels)
- Modushop enclusure (2U) £80
- Mouser bill ran at about £200
- 2x Hairball 8027-WF VU meter £50
- chicken head knobs £22
- Power trafo (farnell 9531688) £18.73
- Relays, switches, rotary swtiches, XLR (neutrik) £52
- Carnhill VTB2280 £50
- Edcor WSM10k/10k £58
- Vintage transistor kit including matched zeners £70
- 2x Elma switches £80
- Fester TG1 + PSU boards = £140 (yes they were that expensive)

So total of parts was... £1100... URGH

I'll post pictures soon.

Symptoms are:
+4dbu @1k comes out about 20-30dB lower (i'll run exact number tomorrow). If i boost the signal, other than the noise it pulls up with it. it sounds like how kinda imagined the compressor to sound.

Since I'm not sure how to deal w this, feel free to contact me with offers, please mind the cost of the parts you are getting!

Update: I only used 2 elmas on this comp. not 6. so edited original post to fix price of parts
The unit has a 30dB gain drop across the board with both old and new transistor paths

Pictures, as promised:
IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG

IMG_2537.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

IMG_2541.JPG

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2543.JPG

I wouldn't sell it after all of that. I'd send it to someone that could get it right,  and then put it in the rack, permanently. .02

I know but I get little time for music as is. I have enough gear, and I mix on planes these days so I'd be better served with an UAD satellite :(

It'd be a great unit then for someone to get running.

Bump. I'll sell this for under the price I've put above.

£1000+shipping (i'm based in London, UK if you want to meet up in person).

Make me offers. I should be able to ship to most places but this is not a light or small package.

Bump, had a few people contact me but nothing went through.

Latest posts

Back