65vdc regulator

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gold

Does anyone know of an off the shelf regulator that will give me 60-65vdc. The psu for my westrex high frequency limiter died. Looks like it's the transformer. I have some dual secondary 30v torroids. The westrex are supposed to use 65v but I figure a little less won't be terrible. I wouldn't mind buing a 65v supply(i know it's sacrilidge) but I can't find one. Any suggestions?

> I wouldn't mind buying a 65v supply(i know it's sacrilege)

Since we know you are running a business on that thing, customers lined-up in the streets, we forgive you for taking care of business before DIY.

> but I can't find one.

You can find "+/-15VDC" supplies everywhere. A commodity supply, frame or wall-wart, will have floating outputs, ground separate from "0V". The "0V" does not have to be at system ground, just within a hundred volts or so.

Get two and wire like this:
Gold-60v.gif

I have not shown any Ground or Common connection on the 60V. If you are replacing an existing power supply, that is probably handled in the wiring harness, so just get your plus and minus the same as before.

For 66V, use a "+/-15V" and a "+/-18V" in series.

Thanks Gents. I like PRR's method. I have a couple of spare +/- 15v psu's laying around. Wow, I love this place.

Latest posts

Back