2520 "socket" for Pultec solid-state EQ build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

Hi all,

Am planning on doing a Pultec EQ solid-state build.

Question:

Being that this build is more or less going to be done PTP (i.e., no PCB), I am wondering as far as the 2520 I want to use for the make-up gain is concerned, is there some kind of PCB that serves as a socket for the 2520? In that way, I can audition differing types of DOAs.

Seems like the reissue is having some kind of socket screwed in by the looks of the screws surrounding the 2520:

1HZlrhO.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

The opamps fit into  milmax pins (don't recall the exact part number) . You would need to make a PCB with the pins and breakout wires.

Yup, I know about the millmax pins. I was just hoping there was a PCB available from somewhere to stuff them into...

I don't know of standalone pcbs just for the doa.  But you could take one of the various mic pres projects,  312 for example, and use that.

Here is some info on the 2520 / 990 opamp footprint. You could easily make your own PCB and etch it yourself. It could also easily be done on strip boards since most of them are of the 0.1" grid.

Attachments

• 990 2520 footprint.jpg
    990 2520 footprint.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 38
Rob Flinn said:
The pin out on a DOA fits on the matric of some strip board .  The pitch is the same.  You have to drill it out a bit to fit the millmax sockets but it works.
Yes,I can confirm that they fit the matrix of standard 1/10"(2,54mm) boards.
It did that for a doa based line receiver a while ago.
As Rob said,just drill it out.

Best regards,

Udo.

I'm lazy. Just ordered this:

http://www.fabmodules.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=FAB4312&product_id=60

Think it should do the job fine.

2520 pins are about 0.04", or 1.016mm

http://www225.pair.com/audio/waltzingbear/Schematics/API/API_2520.htm

Back