found this

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, basically he is selling these for up to 25.000 €. He uses bronze only bodies as they guve the best sound. Never used anything digital, as he thinks it can damage human hearing, and listens to music/tests mics only in mono.

All of the people/bands mentioned in the video used his mics at some point.

Might be tricky to reach him, as he doesn't even own a mobile phone.

He quotes Einstein in regards to mic construction. It should be as simple as possible, but not simpler than that.

Does anyone saw the capsule? One of the most hated capsules  ever? :D :D :D

kingkorg said:
He quotes Einstein in regards to mic construction. It should be as simple as possible, but not simpler than that.

FFFUUUULLLLYYY agree ;)

Wow.

Anyone remember Simpson Microphones, the small wooden horn types, for 'acoustic impedance matching'?  Claimed intermodulation distortion 15-40dB lower than a Sennheiser MKH 40.      They were only $10K GBP ea, or a matched pair for 18K GBP.  Type of element undiscussed, but no mention of phantom and 'unlike a ribbon'. 

kingkorg said:
Never used anything digital, as he thinks it can damage human hearing, and listens to music/tests mics only in mono.

In all ages, there are people who compensate their lack of real knowledge with showing-off. Remember Magic Alex?

abbey road d enfer said:
In all ages, there are people who compensate their lack of real knowledge with showing-off. Remember Magic Alex?

Never heard of him before, just read about him, what a guy. There's a lot of people/companies nowdays that follow his steps.

When I saw the video I wondered how you work on it if you need to change a part to fix it.

Is there any protection from spit and dirt on the electronics when the electronics are installed in the body?

Is the capsule support partly made from Teflon tubing?

I have not heard one. the grill kind of reminds me of a UMT800.

I posted in the thread kingkorg linked.

the nylon stock akg capsule is a bit dark
it needs a quite bright/opened headamp, let's say ecc81 TFK with haufe T14/1 or equivalent, silver mica capsule coupling , panasonic FC cathode cap, and teflon output coupling
in the end i had a very decent mic especially on folk guitars and male vocals.
anyway, about the Tv4: great metalwork, but i find the electronics implementation a bit messy, and it's very expensive...

Just watched Metallica's vocal tracking session for Garage Inc. album.
His mic was used on ''Turn the page''.

But for "Die My Darling" on that same album was used u67. And even in final mix of the songs you can hear different character of the mics.

Typical u67 warmth on Die my darling , and i would say Akg-ish presence on Tutn the page.

Not so heavy music, and days of not to loud music either. Pre VST era. Great chance to hear, and compare.

Attachments

• Custom-1665x810.jpg
    Custom-1665x810.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 31
granger.frederic said:
the nylon stock akg capsule is a bit dark
it needs a quite bright/opened headamp, let's say ecc81 TFK with haufe T14/1 or equivalent, silver mica capsule coupling , panasonic FC cathode cap, and teflon output coupling
All this results in lifting the HF response of the head amp; nothing that some EQ couldn't do...

Latest posts

Back