EF93 ebay

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukas

Hi
I buy 20 pcs this tubes from italian  ebay branded philips, i give him negative feedback for this, but ebay cancell this opinion(kind of i'm no sand money,...i sand but by polish post...i'know this is hardcore, but...).When i received this tubes i looked closer them and i saw, Russian getter,...uncle google, and i know eveything this is 6KP4 Russian rebadget tubes...I told him everything but this guy is idiot or simulates...i'm sure they are a liar.

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    801.8 KB · Views: 26
Ebay stopped allowing buyers to leave negative feedback years ago. Part of their growth plan evidently.
You can return the items. And stop shopping on ebay.

dmp said:
Ebay stopped allowing buyers to leave negative feedback years ago. Part of their growth plan evidently.
You can return the items. And stop shopping on ebay.

No, they stopped allowing sellers to leave negative feedback years ago.  Buyers still can, though in some cases (PowerSeller) there is a waiting period during which the seller is supposed to make it right.

mjrippe said:
No, they stopped allowing sellers to leave negative feedback years ago.  Buyers still can, though in some cases (PowerSeller) there is a waiting period during which the seller is supposed to make it right.
Yes, my mistake. Need to remember to think before posting.
Still I think all ebay will do is let you return the items. They might ding the seller after a number of issues with buyers.

Just for the record. It was quite common at the end of the tube era that big "west" companies bought their tubes in the GDR (east germany) or in the Soviet Union and sold them under their own labels. For instance Siemens, Lorenz, Phillips and even Telefunken did this.

...and the EF93 is way to cheap to fake them! This makes "sense" for AC701, ECC803 and VF14 but not for a 5€ tube, the relabeling costs would be bigger than the profit for the cheat.

Sure, but why evilBay allows such practices, this is not be a crime?!...and he still sold them...

One classic faking of low-value tubes is the mid-eighties re-branding of large batches of 6ES8 into 6DJ8 - story here: http://www.tubeaudiostore.com/suitof6dfora.html

You'd be surprised how cheap fake markings come...

Jakob E.

What is the picture supposed to be showing?
You bought 20 EF93 and go the lineup pictured? Including the E83F?

I don't have oryginal Philips Factory EF93, but i shows (for "this guy")other tubes how they looks(code, getter, etc)Russian, and from Heerlen Factory, ...but he everything know...i thinking. Please look at color boxes(lower are oryginal boxes).

Did you file a return request for "itemn not as described"?

Im not sure I understand what the problem is either. They look to be branded phillips. Do you really expect the ebay to know about the intricacies of vacuum tubes?

lukas said:
I don't have oryginal Philips Factory EF93, but i shows (for "this guy")other tubes how they looks(code, getter, etc)Russian, and from Heerlen Factory, ...but he everything know...i thinking. Please look at color boxes(lower are oryginal boxes).
So the tubes in the center of the picture are what you got. The tubes on the right are Russian while the tubes on the left are vintage correct telefunken.
The boxes at the top of the picture are what you got while the boxes in the middle are vintage telefunken.
Am I interpreting this correctly?

iampoor1 said:
Did you file a return request for "itemn not as described"?

Im not sure I understand what the problem is either. They look to be branded phillips. Do you really expect the ebay to know about the intricacies of vacuum tubes?

Yes, i try to return this iteam, but, dealer first whot to do:  he accused me of not paying the goods(beacouse i not pay by paypal, but ebay not ask me for payment  documents, nothing, silence), clever move,I began to explain myself, maybe it comes to who first requests for the matter is right ?! but i don't know, maybe my english is bad,or my italish language is fuck up....only from transaltor,...Evil bay earn to lot of money, and i think :people who working for ebay they are intelligent or maybe call sometimes expert in some case...who knows? Summarizing, this, don't looking good...

This is why I always deal with sellers that are pay pal only.  But on the few times I had issues, negative feedback was my best friend.  Just mentioning that you are going to leave it, if the seller cares about customer service, they'll take care of the issue, whether refund, or replace.  Not sure why ebay cancelled your feedback, try to keep on them about it is all I can suggest.  The only issue I ever had that didn't work out ok, was ebay asked if I wanted a refund or the item.  I told them I wanted the item, but they just went ahead and did refund, never did tell me why.  But every other time, I've been reimbursed or got my money back.  Or a replacement. 

Latest posts

Back