1081 chassis kits, Carnhill/Marinair x-former pcb holders, BA183/283 Heatsinks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

The subfascia needs to have the folded edges to be stable when using the knobs and buttons.
Otherwise they would flex to much.

Yes, thumbscrews are included and will most likely be M3.5, only becuase the tapped strips for the ISEP rails you can get now are that size.
Will look into original 4BA as well though.

The rods in these pictures are actualyl from an AMS reissue, and they are a little bigger actually so good catch!
Mine will be in mm and not inches, but as close to the original as possible, but its very minor differences between them all.
Yes, they are aluminium and kind of expensive to get made with all the drilling and tapping. :)

Hi guys.

So the day is finally here and i have placed the order for the chassis!
The metalwork will hopefully be done in a few weeks time and then i need to get them plated, the frontpanels painted and screened and buttons engraved and more.
So, i doubt that everything will be done until August so you know and dont expect anything else.
But i will keep everyone posted along the way.

I will start to send out invoices in the next two weeks and if someone else want to join in there is still time!
Just send me an email at dennis at 9voltstudio dot se

Here is the list so far.
Please let me know if you want to change anything or if i missed to put you on the list.

16-24 Dennis
32 Micke
16 Tommie
4 Jarek
1 Kvintus
2 Lolo-M
2 Paul
16 Serg
16 Tommy
2 59Flame
10 Acke
2 Morblue

$160 each: pcb set w/pins, BE switches. 8)

Attachments

• 81_parts.jpg
    81_parts.jpg
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 135
Hi everyone.

Sorry for the lack of updates over the summer.
I went on an extended and much needed vacation and also have been working quite alot on my ”normal” job (i am a midcentury design dealer) so i decided to postpone the production of the chassis for a number of reasons.
One was that my workshop closed for the summer for 5 weeks and i wanted to do all the things in one go when i get started and i was alos waiting to get a quote from another nickelplating company since the one i was thinking of using decided to raise their prices.
But now i am doing the plating in Denmark at the same place that is plating my transformer holders.
Its a little more expensive than i was hoping for but i hope i will not have to raise my price in the end.

Either way, in a few weeks i will start sending out the invoices to alm people who have confirmed their orders.
If you want to add or change your order in any way, please let me know asap!

So hopefully in a about 2 months tye chassis will be ready for delivery!

Hi guys.

As often with these projects things take so much more time than you think.
Sorting out the nickelplating was a pain but is now done in the way i want it, and it looks great!

So i am getting ready to place all orders on all the parts since this was the final hurdle to get over.
Will send out PM´s or emails to the people who are on the list of orders to doublecheck that all are still on board.

Sorry that its taking forever but please hang in there, these will be done and I wont rest until they are!

Dennis

Picture of assembled nickelplated chassi

Attachments

• 14F943E8-C8D5-4E5F-848D-15E4578A21D5.jpeg
    14F943E8-C8D5-4E5F-848D-15E4578A21D5.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 44
More

Attachments

• 3D04B3D8-D7F9-4F6F-A163-8A9C18AB5DA4.jpeg
    3D04B3D8-D7F9-4F6F-A163-8A9C18AB5DA4.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 33
More

Attachments

• F387F632-3E99-4905-B1F0-AE843DA9C66F.jpeg
    F387F632-3E99-4905-B1F0-AE843DA9C66F.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 11
With frontpanel and sidecover.
Frontpanel is just a test and was wrongly drilled at the top, is of course corrected since way back  :)

Attachments

• 75F8178F-9934-4E12-AE80-B31E447873E4.jpeg
    75F8178F-9934-4E12-AE80-B31E447873E4.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 47
Potato Cakes said:
Amazing work, Dennis!

Is there any update to the PCBs that would accompany this chassis as well?

Thanks!

Paul

Hi Paul.

Thanks!
I am very pleased myself with the plating.

PCB´s are ready and have been testbuilt by the guy who designed them, and they are working!
Will talk to him over the weeked to see when they can be available.

THanks

Does anyone have any WPI 143-018-01 rear connectors or have a replacement other than the newer designs.

Latest posts

Back