Mbira

Re: How do people do it? Buying a new console
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 01:44:58 AM »
who says they do.  A lot are financed from the bank or other Shylock.  Some get to pay it off just in time to buy another one.  In one case here in l.a. they took a loan out for millions using publishing to songs they had not written. they used the money to open a studio. it closed, their console was repossessed due to not making a payment on it,  and  they went to jail for bank  fraud.

I wonder what happened to the console...
Joel Laviolette

Rattletree   |  https://www.rattletree.com
The Rattletree School of Marimba | https://www.learnmarimba.com

pucho812

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 02:35:13 AM »
Like any bank repo,  the console was sold off to try and recoup money
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2018, 03:38:59 AM »
a lowly soundcraft 24 channel can be stunningly good for very little money - though of course you won't get automation etc - but there are alternatives to that ... like automating in your DAW and using your DAW in tandem with the console for submixing etc etc

abbey road d enfer

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2018, 05:40:20 AM »
a lowly soundcraft 24 channel can be stunningly good for very little money - though of course you won't get automation etc - but there are alternatives to that ... like automating in your DAW and using your DAW in tandem with the console for submixing etc etc
Agreed, but the reason why about half the people buy a large mixer is for showing their clients how professional they are...
Who's right or wrong is irrelevant. What matters is what's right or wrong.
Star ground is for electricians.

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2018, 03:05:42 AM »
Agreed, but the reason why about half the people buy a large mixer is for showing their clients how professional they are...

indeed! so keep the soundcraft in the back room and the nonfunctional Neve that you get for pennies on the dollar can sit in the 'show mixing room'