Where to buy audio ICs (in Germany)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StefanM

Hello all,

I have recently tried to source SSM 2019, BB1N217 (pre-amp) ICs and
some VCAs in Germany - unsuccessfully...

Can anybody give me a hint?

Thank you
Stefan

You can buy VCAs from WWW.CEDOS.COM
This is a company from Germany. I bought from them 25 THAT2180LB chips. They were nice and fast.
You can also download datasheets from their page.

chrissugar

Thank you all - I will check out these sources.

BTW I had no luck with Reichelt on audio ICs - at least their website shows no results for many parts...

Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Reichelt is a place to check *often* because they are developing their stock "on demand" i think. The "MIDIbox" forum people searched for the PIC18F452 and the MAX525 that often, that Reichelt has them in stock now! (We had to buy them in the netherlands at voti.nl / MAXIM directly or in vast amounts or get them as samples before...)
A good place outside germany is obviously profusionplc - specialized in audiotransistors/IC - they sell small amounts / single parts online at fair prices.
Last option (as ever) is farnell - prices are sometime *not that fair* (in good ol' german: "Apothekerpreise")...but better than searching forever...

hope it helps you and good luck!

hey Stefan,

check out http://www.electronicpool.de

no SSM 2019, but they seem to have 10pcs 1N217 in stock (BB=burrbrown?)

gruss, steff

[quote author="smallbutfine"]...
farnell - prices are sometime *not that fair* (in good ol' german: "Apothekerpreise")..

[/quote]

:green: :green: :thumb:

Hi Steff,

yes BB stands for BurrBrown.

Concerning "Apothekerpreise" (not so fair prices) let's face it:
Buying only 20 ICs we are useless, annoying pieces of s... for
the manufactorers / dealers. Either they give us samples or they charge
hell out of us for having to deal with us...

In fact I don't care too much. I'm glad to receive samples but I'm also
willing to pay (a lot) for getting components in small quantities.

Thank you
Stefan

Yes, you are quite right and i love the sample politics of TI and AD and MAX. If you don't mind waiting just a few days (my last order i got in just 4 days):
http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2877,SSM2019,00.html
...and get it there as a sample (2 pcs) delivered per TNT right to the door for free...

You try to find an adequate replacement for the SSM2017 for a mic pre aren't you?
THAT1510/12 is not even in production...hmmm

maybe INA217 instead of 1N217 fits your needs - it seems BB 1N217 is out of production since TI bought them (a shame..not even a reference at BB/TI anymore)
you may get them at
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/ina217.html
for free delivered with UPS in approx 3 days (5 pcs)

delivering times are what i had *last week* so pretty actual...

you didn't say how much you need...but maybe an option.

i saw your prices on the website..hmhm...money's not the prob with this :cool: - your spec deal for unsigned artist is a cool thing BTW...

greets

Martin

Hello Martin,

thanks fot that INA217 hint! I guess this is the part I want. (Need 16 of those to modifiy some D&R channels)

...and don't be fooled by prices in the list: a) we do a lot of deals b) I really don't know anybody - at least in Germany - who became rich by running a studio.

Stefan

Hi Chris,

we only consider a band "signed" when they get an exclusive deal not a deal for one single/album (=Bandübernahme-Vertrag).
In that way it was two bands (out of may be 20?) that got signed - and had to pay :wink:
We simply offer this kind of deal to help younger bands (and of course earn some money...) but getting successful is their job...

Stefan

Latest posts

Back