Trident 80b Eq Oscillating

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSRecords

Having an issue with a trident 80b Eq hi mid band oscillating. It only happens with full boost and frequency right around 4khz. Tried swapping opamps but no dice. Ive had similar issues when an amp goes but the difference here is that it only oscillates when the frequency is at a specific point (~4khz).

Any clues?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 1.20.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 1.20.27 PM.png
    798.7 KB · Views: 34
It is sometimes worth checking the capacitors like C22 or C26. Cleaning the pots can help too.

mjrippe said:
I have only seen that in Trident modules where someone "hot-rodded" the chips.  Are yours the original TL07x?

Hi, it had LF351's in the eq section. I popped some tl071's in there to see if that was the issue. Seems like it changed the frequency where it oscillated slightly but was still screaming.

psych60s said:
It is sometimes worth checking the capacitors like C22 or C26. Cleaning the pots can help too.

I'm going to try cleaning the pots better and see if helps. Thanks!!

Worn pots where wipers lose contact at a dead spot can affect EQ stability... (caveat this is mostly a guess as I haven't messed with Tridents hands on).

JR

Latest posts

Back