• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD - U87/u67 Hybrid FET Vintage Clone w/CineMag Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wordsushi

Dany Bouchard's vintage u87i clone circuit with a single-sided 3u Audio W1 capsule (the same capsule as the much-loved 3u GZ-67 FET). This mic sounds great and it has that smoother-u67 style top end. I built a few of these with different capsules for VO work and I found my clients prefer the regular 87 top end tone for my spoken-word deliverables so sadly, I'm letting this one go to pay off the bills I racked up building all these mics. I hate to let it go. If I was still doing music though, I'd probably have this 67-style mic out on every session.

The build is all premium parts. NOS polystyrenes. WIMA and Kemet caps, 1% mil-spec Dale resistors and Cinemag's great CM-13113 transformer. The body has a really cool Black Pearl factory finish. I don't know how to describe it other than it kinda has that same dark sheen as Darth Vader's helmet.

The body came from a brand new CAD GXL2200BP. The original CAD logo is engraved on what is now the back of the mic, so it's not visible when you're singing into it. On the front, you'll see my swanky gold MYN logo.

Again, this mic is cardioid only. And it comes with a zipper pouch and shock mount.

$399 plus shipping anywhere in the world. Paypal only.

UPDATE: This mic is CARDIOID ONLY.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
TwentyTrees said:
I’m not in the market for a new mic, but I wish I was! That’s a thing of beauty and then some.

Thank you, Sir! The finish on this mic is really great, as is the sound. For good measure, here's a photo of the guts and capsule.

Attachments

• IMG-0143.JPG
    IMG-0143.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 66

Latest posts

Back