Digidesign DIGI003 Linear Power Supply

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearsix

Hi to all,
In the last weeks, I am considering to upgrade my old Digidesign DIGI 003

Searching on the net I have read that at BLA they put in this interface a new linear PSU for the analog stage.

The circuit is really simple to realize  (I have found a photo on the net) but, considering that this PSU must power n.26 NE5532, I'd like to have some informations about the current it need.

I do not know if it is worth modding this card, but since I do not use it anymore I would like to do some experiment

Attachments

• DIGI 003 BLA PSU.jpg
    DIGI 003 BLA PSU.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 26
Hi Gearsix!

I have BLA Digi002 signature mod and Im very satisfied with it,had problems in start cause I bought from ebay and had american 115v so I bought converter for AC to AC, but my Digi002 was burnt and must send again in USA for service!!!

And last year I have burnt again but this time was in inputs opamps!!! I did this service in my country by advice from BLA!!!
And now my Digi002 works great!!!

I think that -/+ 18VDC is to high for Digi002 or Digi003 I think that -/+15VDC is more properly  for this device, and think that is the reason for burning chips!

I can open my Digi002 and send you some pics if you need!!!

Input opamps are BurrBrowns 2134 with more one but I forget it ,but  will check for you!!!

Thank you Iprovlek.
The DIGI002 mods include a new PSU for analog stage as in DIGI003?

Eventually, I'd like to know the amperage of the transformer, although I am not sure if inside DIGI002 and DIGI003 there are the same opamps.

About the PSU voltage in the photo that I have attached you can see a 7818 and 7918 that are +/-18V stabilizers.

I know that OPA2134 work with 18Volt, but I think that with +/-15 Volt the results will be similar ...  may be a little less headroom.

Latest posts

Back