• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: "Poor man's" Pultec EQ, two-channel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

/* Now up on eBay */

Hi all,

Up for sale is my Ian Thompson-Bell designed "Poor man's" Pultec EQ. A clean build!

Two channels in a Par-Metal 2RU case. Gain makeup is via Ian's 'Classic Solo Lo Hum' design with 6922s. Transformers are Sowter 3575 on input, Carhnill VTB2291 on output. Grayhill selectors, Switchcraft in/out toggles, Bourns pots, Carhnill VTB9042 inductors, Wima caps in filter section. All top notch parts.

I built it trying to fit two channels in one chassis. This I did; I drilled for an on-off switch on the front panel not realizing the mains wiring to the switch came too close to the LF section on the front. Thus, this induced hum on that channel with the EQ switched in.

The workaround is to forego the switch wired to the front panel: either hardwire the power transformer to the AC inlet (fused, of course =) and switch unit on/off via a power strip or put the switch on the rear panel.

The project was shelved when I obtained a pair of Lang PEQ-2As late last year.

References available.

Cheers,
Chris

vOtZdL2.jpg

oCfd4qz.jpg

20fV6Uu.jpg

X5f31R0.jpg

RTKm1dy.jpg

ly8OFY5.jpg

Back