Emu 1820m RJ45 PCB Jack..?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snatchman

Hello..Had a guy take RJ-45 connector off the pcb and clean/resolder, plus put in new caps..When I plug the power cable back up. No power..to Dock..!..Anyone have a clue what may have went wrong..?..He just unsoldered/resoldered as this is thru hole stuff which he does all the time..Is this considered a digital jack and what is different than normal analog components if it is..?..Thanks..!

Just read where one guy had disabled the device in the device manager and it caused his to not power on????

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52032

With all the trouble you've had with this 1820, I would've had something different by now. I don't think there's anything too special about them having owned an Emu, especially sound wise,  but I get it..... I get used to things and learning the Patchmix seemed like a waste to throw that knowledge away......

But I fought tooth and nail before I went from XP to Windows 7......

scott2000 said:
Just read where one guy had disabled the device in the device manager and it caused his to not power on????

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52032

With all the trouble you've had with this 1820, I would've had something different by now. I don't think there's anything too special about them having owned an Emu, especially sound wise,  but I get it..... I get used to things and learning the Patchmix seemed like a waste to throw that knowledge away......

But I fought tooth and nail before I went from XP to Windows 7......
Thanks for the reply..Yeah, I will get another one but right now can't afford one ( medical bills.. :(.)..Plus, as you state  after learning  Patch Mix, it's like telling a medical grad student to forget what you learned and go work at McDonalds...!... ;D

Back