HAUFE BV107 original Neumann KM84 transformer GROUP BUY CLOSED!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainton

Hey guys,

as some of you I also bought a pair of Banzai's KM 84 kits from his group buy (which look VERY nice btw - my pair arrived just today :))

But as I'm located in Germany where the original KM84 were manufactured back then, I kind of found it weird to order a transformer from the US to build a clone of a German mic...

The original transformer in the KM84 was the HAUFE BV107. And since Haufe is located right here in Germany (actually like only 150 miles from here) I thought I'd get in touch with them and ask if they can do a reissue of the BV107.

They said it went out of production almost 20 years ago, but they would check their manufacturing options.

Now they got back to me yesterday - they CAN do a reissue of it!!  :D

I thought maybe anybody else is interested - so we can do a group buy.

If we take 10-19 pcs. the price will be EUR 85.00 ea. and if we take 20-30 the price will be EUR 81.00 ea.

Shipping & pp fees will have to be added.
But as you probably know Don-Audio in Germany is taking care of shipping & handling for all my chassis kits, so I could ask him if he could ship the transformers too. So you could combine shipping with an order from don-audio.com (or an order of one of my chassis kits ;) )

Anyway I think if we get at least 10 transformers together I'll place the order with HAUFE

Lead time with Haufe is 10 weeks, so I suggest we don't stretch this out too long. Let's say I'll keep this thread open until May 5th.

Who wants to join me? I'll take 2 transformers :)

GROUP BUY LIST:

rainton 2 (paid)
iturnknobs 2 (paid)
winetree 4 (paid)
59flame 2 (paid)
TillM 2 (paid)
Banzai 2 (paid)
Craig 2 (paid)
yoons 2 (paid)
BramK 2 (paid)
tskguy 4
mesajoe 2 (paid)
lampas 2  (paid)

Hi Everyone. I am new here. My friend who builds microphones for me,  showed me this thread. I am about to order to mics
from him and I am almost positive I would like two of those Haufe trafos. Will confirm before May 5th but for now please count me in for two.

Cheers
ms

Thanks for making this Martin! I'm definatelly interested.
What is the ratio of these transformers? 7:1?
I read that they are not that different from the transformers used in the KM5x series... Do you know anything about that?

beneficjenci said:
Is the May 5th the final deadline? I am a bit short with cash now...

Yes because production has a lead time of 10 weeks after placing the order. And I can only place the order after the funds are collected.

BTW I’ll close the group buy now and will get in touch with all of those who are part of it.
After I have your shipping details I can calculate shipping fees and let you know how to proceed with payment.

I want to add, that I  just built a km54  circuit into a Gefell 691 body, using a bv107  and a 6s6b Tube and it works and sounds great. Perfect frequency and distortion behavior. This is a great transformer for that purpose, too.

Latest posts

Back