• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Channel Strip Fasteners for Trident Consoles - group buy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andow

We have a Trident 80 console where the little fasteners holding the channel strips in place tend to break every time we pull a channel. So I would like to order replacement, but these are just available in packs of 1000 pieces, which would cost us over 500€.
Does anybody have the same problem with his Trident console (or maybe other consoles which use the same fasteners) and would like to take some of these? We actually just need around 150pcs...  :-\

Preferably in Europe, we are located in Austria.

Attachments

• 20180423_133621_768x768.jpg
    20180423_133621_768x768.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 29
Here is another pic of the fastener in place (on the right you can see how most of our channels look by now  :p)

Attachments

• 20180423_133734_1024x576.jpg
    20180423_133734_1024x576.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 44
You can buy a push-fit fastener like that at a hardware store, eBay or Aliexpress in a much lesser quantity.

Hi Andow,

You should't have to group buy these. I have bought them in quantity and they are cheap.... It took a while to find the part but i've finally tracked them down. I don't know the part number off the top of my head but when I get back to the studio in the morning I can post it here. We've replaced all pushbuttons on both our Trident TSM's

EB

TubeMonkey said:
Hi Andow,

You should't have to group buy these. I have bought them in quantity and they are cheap.... It took a while to find the part but i've finally tracked them down. I don't know the part number off the top of my head but when I get back to the studio in the morning I can post it here. We've replaced all pushbuttons on both our Trident TSM's

EB

That's great to hear! Actually I did look up the part numbers after I made some measurements (NY-5G-54-20 and NY-5P-54-3-50), but couldn't find a supplier that sells these in smaller quantity...  :-\

Hey,

I am way overdue replacing these in my tsm. Whichever path you take, i'm  in.
I will be needing approximately 250 of these. The whole desk.

Thanks,
Nikos

Hi All,

So the part numbers I have which are confirmed to work with our desk are:

NY-5P-52-3-50 (push button)

NY-5G-53-20 (grommet)

Last Time I ordered them was through Hi-Tech Fasteners out of Baltimore, MD, USA.

I Ordered 600 (enough for both of our desks) which cost around $400 (.35/ea*1200).

Here is their contact info.... I'm not sure what the minimum order is, but I seem to remember it being one or two hundred.

Hi-Tech Fasteners
P.O, Box 64874
Baltimore, MD 21264-4874
800-466-1940
[email protected]

I specifically dealt with Angela Connelly.... not sure if she is still with the company

[email protected]

I have plenty left over,  I could probably spare a couple hundred if someone wants to work something out.

Thank you very much for your help!

Are you sure you have two different dimensions? The third number (52 and 53) should be the same, as far as I understand...

Here is a link to the (german) datasheet:
https://www.southco.com/static/Literature/ny-wg.de.pdf

Your desk seems to have thinner plates and frames, my measurements are telling me 6mm for frontpanel plus frame which results in number NY-5G-54-20 and NY-5P-54-3-50. Strangely we also have TSM EQ modules in our desk which have the same dimensions....

Anyway, I will wait for a quote from Hi-Tech fasteners, if that doesn't work out, we are going to purchase 1000 pcs and sell the rest we don't need. So if anybody is interested, hit me up with PM!  8)

Hey Andow,

Not sure about dimensions, All I know is that these part numbers work for our desk (TSM) and the 80b/c desks.  I'm happy to send some samples to you for evaluation.

Ethan B

TubeMonkey said:
Hey Andow,

Not sure about dimensions, All I know is that these part numbers work for our desk (TSM) and the 80b/c desks.  I'm happy to send some samples to you for evaluation.

Ethan B

Wow, that would be great!  :D
I'll send a PM to you...

Sorry for the late reply, btw.

Just a quick archival update for anyone searching for these later,

Andreas and I have discovered the part numbers that work for the TSM are slightly shorter and don't work for the 80b.

The confirmed part numbers are:

80b:  NY-5P-54-3-50 (push button) and  NY-5G-54-20 (grommet)

TSM:  NY-5P-52-3-50 (push button) and NY-5G-53-20 (grommet)

Hope this helps someone down the line.

EB

TubeMonkey said:
Just a quick archival update for anyone searching for these later,

Andreas and I have discovered the part numbers that work for the TSM are slightly shorter and don't work for the 80b.

The confirmed part numbers are:

80b:  NY-5P-54-3-50 (push button) and  NY-5G-54-20 (grommet)

TSM:  NY-5P-52-3-50 (push button) and NY-5G-53-20 (grommet)

Hope this helps someone down the line.

EB

I just wanted to write here, but Ethan was faster!  ;D

I must add that we have a Trident 80, not an 80B! So you for the 80B owners make sure you need the same dimensions...

https://www.southco.com/static/Literature/ny-wg.de.pdf

And if someone does need the same parts, just send me a PM because I just ordered 1000 pcs...  :eek:

In case somebody also needs these:

https://www.ebay.at/itm/Southco-Nylatch-Fasteners-for-Trident-Console-Channel-Strips-2x100pcs/273348423420

Latest posts

Back