Moon Premonition

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desol

Bright minds, I take it. For some reason, I'm getting flashes of the death star in star wars, shooting a laser at 'enemies' on the earth. Tell me I'm wrong...

I mean if you literally mean a big laser on the moon capable of scorching the earth, naw, not in our life times. But I was always perplexed at Bush Jr.'s push to go to the moon again. Maybe there's something to that.

Ha !
Putting aside to bring a BIG laser to the moon, the requested energy will be BIG too... ready to build  nuclear power plant at the moon ?
But it's basically non efficient... except if you put also booster at the moon to change orbit to be abble to shoot target anytime anywhere... any idea how to axis the moon at the pole in few min or even hours, stop it, take the shoot, and going back?  :)
And not talking how the earth will react (orbit, ocean tide etc...)
"enemy" will see your "strategic" move
So for sure not in your time life, and certainly not in universe life...

You better go with a LowEarthOrbit satellite...

And don't be afraid if one day you see a flash on the moon, you'll be so lucky !!! but it happen time to time when meteor hit our satellite.

Best
Zam

The laser beam was a facetious metaphor(but not entirely ;D)...but I swear to god...I'm not wrong on this. I mean, it's not that hard to imagine or to put past anyone that's into war games. They want to strategize/militarize/monopolize the moon. Simple. I can see permanent systems being installed within the next 15 years.  The revisit to the moon + the new military hawk that was just put in charge...it's a sure thing. Mark my words.

zamproject said:
Ha !
Putting aside to bring a BIG laser to the moon, the requested energy will be BIG too... ready to build  nuclear power plant at the moon ?
………...
Best
Zam

the moon have good quantity of  the "Helium 3"- He-3  that can generate hi power quantity with low quantity of it ,
for sure n.a.s.a have a program about to bring it to earth with shuttle ,
so much probably in stand by  because still too much power in the hands of oil  companies…

then so no impossible a energy plant from He-3 for a laser to the moon ….. the dark side of….

moon is leaving from earth , the orbit it slowly widening….

so much probably no human will be able to see it go away...
earth planet still has about 500 millions years before become non-habitable for humans

sun size expansion will raise a lot the earth temperatures that will cause  water evaporation ,
essential for humans life , no water no food , no life ,

and unfortunately also the "bounce" between  Andromeda galaxy and Milky way
will not be seen by a human ….

but probably thanks to human stupidity  the human race end much before…

cheers

ps:
remember that robots do not buy what they produce...

:)

If you consider a major impact each 100million years human don't have free weel for the next 500million  ::)

And yes the sun will expand with a diameter probably bigger than the earth orbit, considering actual observation and speculation with similar size star, still to small to become a super nova.

Before reaching Andromeda which is 2.5 millions light year (we see it now as it was when australopithecus live here...) we have our galaxy on the TODO list ! only 120000 light year  8)

Best
Zam

1966 Hienlein book. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Moon colony wants it's independence from earth, but earth won't let it go, so the moon colony starts slinging 50 gallon drums full of rocks down the gravity well to show  earth how much damage they could do if they aimed at a city instead of the empty spaces they are targeting.
No laser needed.

bluebird said:
Its all too much, why do I want to know all this!? Eve really should have stayed away from that tree...

poor Eve... is she really to blame ?
I wonder what Lucy might think about it  :)

Side note: apparently only the man have problem with "the knowledge" as women don't have it across the throat  ::)

Best
Zam

zamproject said:
... except if you put also booster at the moon to change orbit to be abble to shoot target anytime anywhere... any idea how to axis the moon at the pole in few min or even hours, stop it, take the shoot, and going back?  :)

Huh?

If you stand at the center of the visible side of the moon, you see (and can shoot) nearly half the earth at one time. Any one point can be hit for over 11 hours straight with only a few degrees of gun swing. In 24 hours you can hit 90% of the whole earth. (Small area at the poles are hidden 6 months a year.)

One mild confusion: half each moonth the moon is on the sun-side of earth. It's there in the day-time, but the shadow side faces earth and we can't see it in the glare from the sun and air-haze. But the guy on the moon can see you clear all day long.

This photo was taken from orbit above the moon, as the Apollo was coming around the side of the moon. For a good shot we would move "forward" so the earth was straight-up.
apollo_8_earthrise.jpeg

We don't presently have a technology for He3 fusion, or any way to generate on the moon the kind of energy needed for a weapon worth building. Remember we can't even power California some summers. But if you want to worry about it, fine.

PRR said:
We don't presently have a technology for He3 fusion, or any way to generate on the moon the kind of energy needed for a weapon worth building. Remember we can't even power California some summers. But if you want to worry about it, fine.

…..sure ?
never say never…..

the electric car born at the end of 800 ,
and womans was so happy to drive it because much easy  than that with manual transmission
and free of oil stench…
but "they" try to do (and did)  everything to discredit and hide it from mass….
as many working and tested prototypes that run more than 100km with 1000cl petrol ,
hydrogen engines , and other more …..  in stand by from decades inside the car builders archives
and all this only about cars technology ,

i suppose you know the tetraethyl lead story and what the corporations tried to do
for hide the related letal danger ….. ,

"they" have it , "they" have it…..like many other technologies….

included that about a cultivable seaweed from which two researchers years ago have discovered
that can be obtained fuel for petrol engines ,
food for humans and animals , bio fertilizer , and a number of other substances…
still under military department secret (usa)

cheers

ps
don't forget that : robots do not buy what they produce

PRR said:
If you stand at the center of the visible side of the moon, you see (and can shoot) nearly half the earth at one time. Any one point can be hit for over 11 hours straight with only a few degrees of gun swing. In 24 hours you can hit 90% of the whole earth. (Small area at the poles are hidden 6 months a year.)

Your absolutely right PRR
I was just over-extrapolating sci-fi as this topic call for it :)

With a low orbit (like ISS) revolution is one hour and half, with a dozen satellite you have all access in less than 2 hour which is already the case for non civil observation satellite.
In a 2 months period some years ago I saw lot of them in the clear summer sky and regarding the apparent speed the pass is very low.
Multiple time they come twin, like 20 sec delay, same trajectory, since I suspect "spy" satellite shoot pict in 3D.

Best
Zam

Latest posts

Back