The sanctuary

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the music industry....

Attachments

• 954C3241-E5E3-4DC4-948A-41D9BAF9B094.jpeg
    954C3241-E5E3-4DC4-948A-41D9BAF9B094.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 10
Wow, that is interesting.  I really hope they can make it work.  It sounds like they covered everything they could think of, even in the event it doesn't succeed, just turning it into a "5 bedroom house"

Regarding  “This is the finest live room ever built,”, those are pretty tall words, but it does look nice.  And a vending machine with champagne?  That's what I call optimistic!!

It makes sense, though, if there's no competition, or you're the only game in town, should be able to do some kind of business.

Id imagine theres a lot of temptation out in that part of the world ,there is of course the story of the band 'The Happy Mondays'
who went to the Bahamas I think it was to record their last album. Once the local sharks and dealers sussed out the boys liked their drugs ,things started to fly apart at the seams fairly quickly . Ryder and the gang went loco, smoked a fortune in cocaine,drove high spec jeeps into swimming pools, crashed speed boats into piers, did no work in the studio and for a finish sunk Factory Records.

That is a serious looking live room alright , the only big studio near me is more or less closed now 20 years ,and its the place I used work at . The custom designed building still stands ,but Im not sure anything much goes on there anymore . There would be a possabillity of renting the place out from the owner alright ,if I had a decent band with a good record company and funding behind them,ahahahaahh.

Most of my mates have kinda missed the boat with regards fortune and fame from music ,the attrition rate due to drink and drugs is off the wall .Still though theres always talent on the way up ,in fact theres no shortage of it at all .

Latest posts

Back