Torres Super Midrange

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrelwood

Torresengineering.com has already done this, with not that many components. I've been doing numerous cool tweaks and such, but I just can't figure out how it is done.

It uses a pot with a mid notch at 5, boosts midrange up to 10, and cuts it from 5 to 0. I've been able to sim both individually, but not in a single pot. I only know a few values of the components and the schem (from the pic), but I want to try if there's someone here who would have an idea how to make it work.

The boost is based on interaction with the pickup, which is a magnetic coil. It will lose some trebles, but for a passive system it should be quite cool.

Here's how it looks on a push-pull pot. The pulled position is a regular tone, ignore that.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/torresengineering_1833_1101097

Here's what I've got so far. The pickup and cable sims are built respecting references in an engineers graduation work. Should be close enough for simulation:

Kitara_new_midboost_Torres_block.gif

-Aki.

you might want to post at www.ampage.org maybe someone there has done something like this.

Back