Looking For Lexicon 224XL Service Manual and Schematics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmonHA

Greetings All
I have a 224XL that needs some love and I know it is having a PSU issue. It needs a recap for sure as I can see leakage on one of the PSUs. I have a 224x service manual but it has no schematics. Just wondering if a 224XL service manual exists and if schematics exist for the 224XL.
Cheers,
AmonHA

One of the +5v 15A slow blows blew and am trying to run down the culprit
I am going to recap it as it is all original but am noticing the side that blew shows less than ohm to what I believe is the center tap. The other side shows a little over 200 ohms.
Just hoping someone reads this and has the schematics or some friendly assistance.
Cheers

> less than ohm to what I believe is the center tap. The other side shows a little over 200 ohms.

Disconnect the rectifiers and measure again.

Thanks PRR.
However, the rectifiers are disconnected.
I was hoping to get a schematic as I could be wrong about the center tap.
I am sure that there is a schematic for this thing
But if not I may be looking for a transformer!

Analogguru that is my concern.  The 200ohm side is the positive and the less than an ohm side is the negative of the five volt rails. The negative side blew a 15amp slow blow.  They both show @ 9.5vac before the fuse.
I guess I will go through and test the components in the unregulated side of things and then see how it acts before hooking up the regulated board.
Perhaps in the meantime someone will see this and have the schematics which have to be out there somewhere
Thanks

Both rails are feeded from these two windings.  The positive side is rectified by a double-diode (U1) and the negative side is rectified with 2x 3A diodes 1N5404 (CR1 + CR2).

I have now!
I had looked through his website because he often has service info for sale there but did not see 224XL among his offerings.
I have had Dave work on an AMS reverb that would not behave and have bought other parts from him. He is a great resource.
Thank you MJRippe
I also have seen an offering on Vintage Digital for 224x service manual and schematics and they claim they have the schematics.
Not exactly sure the differences between a 224x and a 224XL other than the different remotes and probably remote interfacing. I would assume the power supplies are very similar if not the same.
Cheers

QUEEF BAG said:
the lexicon ftp site is where ya wanna go

Hi
This is for sure great help for OP !
But I just wonder about this kind of info in public forum, I mean username and password access  :-X
We don't want our lovely forum having issue with Harman  8)
Best
Zam

Thank you Queef Bag!
I had this at one time, probably ten years ago.
I dont think it should be an issue as it is legacy gear that Lexicon does not support anymore.
Thanks again.

Back