MODIFYING A U67 AND U87 CIRCUIT FOR USE IN A RFT 7151 CHASSI

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louis Smith

Hello.  I am pretty excited and am Just starting out on the modification road because I want to learn about electronics.  Can anyone help me modify the Neuman U67 circuit for use in the old RFT 7151  chassis?  it has to be compatible with the various interchangeable bayonet capsules available.  For example, Blue B6, B0,  Violet Vin26, Neuman M7 etc. 

Attachments

• STANDARD  7151  SCHEMAT.png
    STANDARD 7151 SCHEMAT.png
    217 KB · Views: 35
The u67 and u87 circuits were special tailored for the k67 capsule which has a built in hf bump...
I don't think that these circuits mate well with "flat" capsules like the M7...

Friends, I fully expect that like the Blue Bottle, Blue Bottle Rocket, Red and other brands,  some capsules will sound better than others.  What can be done to these circuits to make them as linear as possible?

I was informed that the RFT 7151 is also compatible with the blue and violet line bayonet capsules, not just the M7.  Does anyone know if this Is true?

Thanks for keeping this thread alive.  I could use any and all advice.  Thought of that.  That is in the works for another build.  I am looking at that as well as the u67/ u47 u87  as options. I can get pcb's for all of the above.  Unfortunately, I am chasing the heft ( relating to sound )  and the versatility of the blue bottle design.  But I want to build it myself.  Looking at both designs, I believe, the cmv563 has a smaller sonic footprint in comparison.  Do you know if anyone has compared the cmv563 with the Blue Bottle or the violet designs Globe pre-body?  Tape op has a review but it is a comparison of the  cmv563-blue bottle red- mics not the Larger Blue Bottle.

Read more: http://recordinghacks.com/reviews/tapeop/neumann-cmv563-blue-bottle-red-mics/#ixzz5F7XPpgTf

Back