dbx 162 schematic needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

anyone have a real schematic for these things.  I did a google search only to find incorrect schematics. the general thought is that it is 2 X DBX160VU's but it has a completely different build. I am looking at 5 X daughter boards and a main board.

Here's everything I've got with 162 in the title  ;D
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbaa65sn1m4kgoo/162.zip?dl=0

One is a general 160/161/162 service manual, the others are supposedly 162 specific. 

dude that is awesome. You sir are a delight. My buddy gave me his 162 to look at.

I already sense a PSU issue as the moment it turns on, the meters peg hard left.  I also see some faulty transistors which caused resistors to burn up.  this will be a fun one.

pucho -  make the 470uf caps in the power supply 1000uf
                  and the 22uf caps at the regulators at least 47uf if not more
                  (i would go with  up to 100).

It would be nice to compile these schematics and have a definitive, solid resource for them. I haven't these boards right now to reverse engineer.

I have a pdf file for the 202 VCAs, but it is easy to find on the net.

Right after reading your post pucho I've mailed dbx. Guess what? They sent me the well known docs we have and some broken website links... Wonder if they really know what I was talking about. In the end dbx probably trashed the schems.

Looking at these pictures:
http://www.musicgarage.fi/mods-repairs/dbx-162-compressor/

I am wondering why nobody (who has such a unit) takes usable pictures of the component and the track/solder side - tracing can't be so complicated....

Well I got the card to stop frying resistors at start up.  Bad transistor.
The unit has bipolar 15vdc at the opamps, so far so good. Now I can start to trace signals.

recap of the PSU and I +/-24VDC which feeds the output cards. according to the schematic of the main board that is correct.  I noticed I have different sets of transistors on each ouput card.  I assume that is a mistake.  output card is also burning resistors again and the power transistors get real hot.

Anyone have a schematic for the output card?

If you have some time pucho you can take some pictures of the component and sodler sides of all the daughter cards. We'd be able to trace a schematics from that I think

Latest posts

Back