dbx 162 schematic needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I see, one of those superclever "we-dont-have-a-clue-what-we-are-doing-therefore-we-recap-everything-in-the hope-that-the-problem-will-be-cured"-technicians was at work.

Let's have a look what else we can find out with these pictures...

analogguru said:
So I see, one of those superclever "we-dont-have-a-clue-what-we-are-doing-therefore-we-recap-everything-in-the hope-that-the-problem-will-be-cured"-technicians was at work.

Let's have a look what else we can find out with these pictures...

L No there were faulty caps on the card.  Way over 20 year old electrolytics that were due.  I tested them with a cap tester and confirmed.

pucho812 said:
L No there were faulty caps on the card.  Way over 20 year old electrolytics that were due.  I tested them with a cap tester and confirmed.
And who mixed up the transistors ?
So far model 230 which has 2 X  bc341 transistors on it.
As you can see on the traced schematic attached, there should be 1x BC341 and 1x BC361.

Fill in the missing component values and you have got your desired schematic - enjoy it.

Attachments

• dbx_162_schema-230-card.gif
    dbx_162_schema-230-card.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 33
I don't know who mixed the transistors they were like that when I got it...

Finally sorted. Yes the transistors were all wrong. you sir were correct there is a bc341 and bc361 per each output card.  I owe you a beer or drink of choice. A trip to the local electronics store for NTE 128 and NE129 part numbers and back in business. I can now get a +20dBU output with a 0dBU input level, no compression and the output cranked to full.

pucho812, I know this post is a little old. But I was wondering if you could help me with one of these dbx 162 daughter cards. I cant make out all the transistor markings. It looks like Q5, Q3 are BC263's.  Q2 k30A.  Q4, Q6 I cant tell (underneath the white heat sink). any help would be great. Arthur 

Attachments

• IMG_0659.JPG
    IMG_0659.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 12
Back