• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Where to buy in EU Neve vintage knob caps ? and other parts too

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIXTYNINER

Hi all,

checked a bit with google but no good helps found… about that showed in the attached image ,

seem like there is only 1 in U.S.A. 

but shipping cost are so f…  expensive ,

and also  parts prices are really so high  ,
(considering that these are only small pieces of plastic..)

anybody have some info / help about ?
thanks in advance for any related post .
cheers

Attachments

• Neve Vintage knob caps.jpg
    Neve Vintage knob caps.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 16
I would imagine they are Sifam knobs/caps.

Canford here in the UK;

https://www.canford.co.uk/SIFAM-KNOBS

Zebra_PD said:
Do have a better picture? Have a lot of vintage knobs so might what you looking for :)

hi ,
are the knob caps placed on the vintage  neve metal knobs ,
for the "33" series
like 33129 modules ,
https://reverb.com/item/4246117-neve-33129-pair-of-modules-racked-lovely-mic-pre-and-extensive-equalizer

33314b ,
first version of 33609 lim-comp , and related.

Ok :)
I'll take a look at chance later this week. Send u a PM if I find anything similar in our knob boxes in the studio.

Had a look now but didn't find a match for the ones on the picture u sent. Sorry for getting your hopes up. :/

The caps in the  in your original post is not the caps for the metalknobs Neve used.
They are for the large new appearance 80 series still with plastic knobs.
The metal knobs used some kind of plastic/metal film insert similar to API knobs

API said:
The caps in the  in your original post is not the caps for the metalknobs Neve used.
They are for the large new appearance 80 series still with plastic knobs.
The metal knobs used some kind of plastic/metal film insert similar to API knobs

Hello Api , much thanks for post !
the image posted at first post  show the cap with 3 indigo color variations required  ,

i agree about the colors and dimensions are the same for the Neve series with plastic knobs ,

about the various Neve devices model indicated in the first post , have metal knobs , with screw for lock !
have had  all of them between my fingers !

and some ,  still now in front over the desk that need plastic cap replacement ,
(as  also many other around the world need… )

the issue is the high price for caps , and  f….. expensive ship cost ,

if i were to sell them , i would sell them in sets with minimum quantity also assorted ,  at a quarter of the price ,
(or less more if made in china ,  or around "there")

considered that are not the Marconi type
but only little plastic disks  : (

Latest posts

Back