New Poctop PCB Project Request: U77

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wordsushi

Hey Dany,
I'm putting in my request for a PCB of the Neumann U77 as a project I'd love to see you tackle next with your rare talent. Anybody else second this motion? ;)

Attachments

• U77 diag.jpg
    U77 diag.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 66
For what it's worth, i think i'd rather go with a Schoeps-style oscillator, to get the capsule bias voltage. Maybe i'm weird, but i have a bit of aversion against "custom" magnetics :p

Thanks for the kind word Mark,

it does sound like a fun thing to do but i have so much on my plate now  ;)
but i always like working on things with submarine name :)
i do have another fun thing in the works now but cant tell just yet,

Best,
Dan,

poctop said:
Thanks for the kind word Mark,

it does sound like a fun thing to do but i have so much on my plate now  ;)
but i always like working on things with submarine name :)
i do have another fun thing in the works now but cant tell just yet,

Best,
Dan,

As always, Sir, I anxiously await to see what kind of awesomeness you have cooking up.

Now that i look at it a bit more carefully, it's actually starting to resemble an idea i had, a while back - U87-like input stage (w/ K67-deemphasis), and a Schoeps-style output.

I might've even whipped up a little BM800/sE2200A-suitable board design a while ago. Or rather, "i managed to shoehorn in all the components onto so small a board" ;D

Yup, turns out i had, indeed :) Albeit, it's meant to be used with my other two boards (oscillator & pad-hpf-pattern switch).

<later edit>

That being said, the way they implemented the feedback in the U77 looks a bit nicer to me - no need for an input coupling cap  ::)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-05-14 19.46.48.png
    Screenshot 2018-05-14 19.46.48.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back