Biggest audio forums online? Where else do you hang out?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruairioflaherty

Hi all,

I'm doing a little research for one of the companies that I work with and would appreciate your input.

What would you consider to be the biggest pro and semi pro audio forums?

Where else do you hang out online?  (I realize we are not typical audio people).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Ican't be too useful but,

I used to lurk GS often and every now and then check it out to read people's thoughts on some things. Aside from replying to an old thread recently, I can't say I'm active anymore or really find too much useful info I'm looking for. 

I lurk DIY Audio more often these days than GS but am not active by way of posting.

I probably spend most of my time on Youtube Channels dedicated to whatever I may be trying to learn when I'm not here .

On a side note.....That Karate Kid thing on Youtube Red looks entertaining....lol....

Who is the company looking for the research info?  :D

muffwiggler.com (modular synths)
electro-music.com (modular synths)
synthforum.nl (synths general)
basgitaarforum.nl (bassguitar)
diystompboxes.com (guitar pedals)
freestompboxes.org (guitar pedals)
diyaudio.com (audio, occasionally)

For the forums that are not DIY specific, I only visit the sections that are just about DIY.

Facebook groups are a big outside of here. Lot of audio specific groups for different things.... they usually list the type of group and what they are about in the title. Some are great others not so hot.

This is the only online forum I use.  Gs is too much of a pissing contest.
Rec.pro, I don't really use anymore, I am not even sure if that is a thing anymore.
I personally am not involved with diy audio but I am sure I should be.

Appreciate all the feedback guys. 

I should say that I'm not doing research for a company I work with, rather I'm doing research for myself so I can make a more complete case that they should be paying attention to smaller forums.

Thanks,
Ruairi

gs
prw ( www.tapatalk.com/groups/prorecordingworkshop/ )
realgearonline
groupdiy.dk (Danish GDIY, very low activity lately)
energyrecording.de (German GDIY)
proaudiodesignforum.com

realgearonline

proaudiodesignforum

TapeOp has started having activity again after a forum rebuild, not what it once was. 

taperssection is interesting if you want to look at distant/ambient recording techniques and portable equipment, lots of reading between the lines since it's mostly concert tapers. 

GS, mainly the remote and geek sections. 

diyaudio

I have looked at music-electronics forum: http://music-electronics-forum.com/forum.php
and I used to frequent studio-central: http://www.studio-central.com/phpbb/index.php
When I am looking for answers on-line I will often include the word forum in my search criteria, this helps get info that was discussed on a forum, but may not be available on any website.

Latest posts

Back