bad science fiction concept.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People always perceive reality differently. That's what keeps it interesting.

Recently, elections have been nudged because different people received different messages via social media.

And once we decide that technological implants are the way of the future (cyborg), I don't see JR's sci-fi idea to be that unlikely -- for better or worse.

Script said:
People always perceive reality differently. That's what keeps it interesting.
The recent internet meme about Laurel/Yanni (?) is a shining example about human perception's frailty.
Recently, elections have been nudged because different people received different messages via social media.
It does not appear that the recent election was nudged with any significance, but people have been trying to influence election outcomes by hook or crook as long as there have been elections (our own government does it too... ). The Russians are always angling to weaken western democracies and they have many useful idiots willing to help them. 

We certainly need to get a handle on the web advertisers weaponizing our personal information to sell us poop. Using this for politics is a logical extension and I have been warning about this the last several election cycles. So its the same old funny business but using better modern tools.
And once we decide that technological implants are the way of the future (cyborg), I don't see JR's sci-fi idea to be that unlikely -- for better or worse.
I had to go way outside the box for a hypothetical remedy for all the intractable hatred. Since the kids are still being taught to hate I don't see this hatred subsiding anytime soon, but we can always hope.

JR