Global warming is a conspiracy... (picts included)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo... do you think stormwater will mess with the ballistics of my sifams I was gonna use?  :(

sh8KApS.jpg

[silent:arts] said:
Award-winning journalism needs geo-blocking?
It does if they decide they're not GDPR-compliant, are too lazy to have already  done it, and too scared of those meddling EU administrators to leave their site available for EU folks.

General Data Protection Regulation is a conspiracy!

benb said:
It does if they decide they're not GDPR-compliant, are too lazy to have already  done it, and too scared of those meddling EU administrators to leave their site available for EU folks.

not to feed the off topic veer but a not so surprising unintended consequence of GDPR is that google and other big tech companies are gaining advertising market share while smaller competitors can't meet the GDPR rules so lose.

This is a classic phenomenon associated with government regulation where the big fish who can pass along the costs to consumers more easily, get bigger and benefit from regulation that gives them a moat around their business.

JR

benb said:

Dead right, it is a conspiracy to cut down on spam an unscrupulous use of personal data. We have had no end of emails asking us to confirm we still want to receive rubbish from them and have politely declined nearly all of them. Spam has dropped by about 80%.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Dead right, it is a conspiracy to cut down on spam an unscrupulous use of personal data. We have had no end of emails asking us to confirm we still want to receive rubbish from them and have politely delined nearly all of them. Spam has dropped by about 80%.

Cheers

Ian
my being on a do not call list, hasn't stopped the unwanted phone calls..  :eek:

JR

ps: 14 spams in my trash file so far today. (russian women, love swans, etc....)

Back