Aphex 204 110v to 220v

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manellus

Hi

Pretty new around here. I hope my question is in the right place.

I am looking into buying an Aphex 204 used at 110v in US, but i plan to use it in EU. According to the manual the line voltage setting is not user convertible and requires special modifications.

I think some of you here have it and must be very knowledgable about this sort of things. Can't i just plug it into a 220v to 110v transformer? or does anyone know what are the changes required?

Thank you  :)

You can use a 220 - 110 Transformer

Most of the early Aphex units (Compellor, Dominator, etc) were switchable. They had a sliding panel next to the IEC socket which gave access to the voltage selector

0139744.jpg

Nick Froome

Hi
I have bought one in the US and now I look for suitable transformerfor 230V.
Have you found something? It should be 230V to 2x20V
Thanx for a hint

Jan

Manellus said:
Hi

Pretty new around here. I hope my question is in the right place.

I am looking into buying an Aphex 204 used at 110v in US, but i plan to use it in EU. According to the manual the line voltage setting is not user convertible and requires special modifications.

I think some of you here have it and must be very knowledgable about this sort of things. Can't i just plug it into a 220v to 110v transformer? or does anyone know what are the changes required?

Thank you  :)

Really, why not buy a step up & step down voltage converter (220/200  & 110/100) off ebay? Different wattages available and really not that expensive. That's how I do it.

Back