Looking to make speaker stands....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Have some large monitors, urei 815, thst I got long ago. I don't have them in Soffits and I do enjoy how they sound.
I am debating the best way to make monitor stands for them. I should make them as nothing on the market I have found looks like it would support the size and or weight.

any suggestions outside of the Paul gold sandbox.

Can you weld? Or do you know a friend who can weld?

Flat plates of steel welded on each end of a steel scaffolding pole, paint to choice.

Those are big beasts, so stands made of wood might have to be very substantial and obtrusive.

Best

DaveP

DaveP said:
Can you weld? Or do you know a friend who can weld?

Flat plates of steel welded on each end of a steel scaffolding pole, paint to choice.

Those are big beasts, so stands made of wood might have to be very substantial and obtrusive.

Best

DaveP

I have a friend who can weld. But  would it be o.k. to bolt the flat plates of steel to that frame? I think that would work as well.  Having stands with wheels would be a bonus.

I was also thinking making frames from Pipe.  I Was thinking I could make a frame with iron pipe found at the local hardware store. I  was thinking  minimum 5 pipes vertical attached to a square 

or perhaps an Industrial Scissor Lift Table like in the link below. Obviously not at that price but something along those lines.
https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?categoryId=cat1830038

I guess you could use some sonotube ??? Fill it with sand....or make some pillars with it???? Or some concrete blocks....

ah yeah....Scratch coat them and do some cultured stone around them.....fancy....

A dolly is easy enough to make with some wheels that have a brake???

Latest posts

Back