Sound Workshop Series 40 refurbish, no frame.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damianschwartz

Hey there!

I acquired a SW Series 40 recently. Have 38 channels, master and VUs. i do not have motherboard or frame.

My plan is to build a frame for 18 channels plus master, and wire the channels without motherboard, soldering the edge connectors between them with cable looms. I will wire everything to a patchbay except Mic inputs. Transformer outs are located in the VU meters.

I'll try posting here the process, but any input would be highly appreciated. I do have schematics that i will scan, since i already saw around here some people asking for them.

If anyone can point me out to the correct edge connectors would be great, i'm assuming EDAC 100 position standard straight connector would work (two lines of 50 pins) since the PCB has 50 contacts...

I plan to recap everything of course, but don't have any mods in mind, i think i'll leave it as it is, i'm not a fan of IC upgrading, though any thoughts about the master section, skipping the VCA automation, or whatever would be nice.

Thanks!

Hello. Probably we can help each other. I used to have the motherboards but they have been lost when a moved to anothr place so I am doing the same of you. I need the series 40 channel schematic thta I cannot find anywhere. I can be helpful for you if you need any other informations.
Thanks.
Gaetano

Back