If you were to buy a U47 body right now

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JW

Lots of things up in old duder's head.

Like, Aputis body looks pretty sweet, but seems to be a dead end at this point.

I have a couple Skylar bodies which seem alright, but I don't like the light, cheap aluminum tube or the connector very much. Bees Knees kit says it's made from food grade bore casing (the tube) Not sure what that is.

TAB are expensive and still aluminum body tube ( I think? Don't quote me on that)

The ones on Chunger's site look to be almost exactly the same as the Skylar bodies.

Max's body w/ Flea headbasket would have been sweet but not available I don't think and expensive as you need to buy the whole kit.

Any other ideas? I'm looking for something with correct head basket dimensions, but feels heavy in your hand and doesn't use the binder connector (I guess this is alright. Just don't like having to screw it onto aluminum threads)

I would make more research about bodies and other parts because such mics need them to be of very good quality. 
Good U47 or ELAM 251 type mic kits or parts are quite expensive because of this, although many times cheaper than originals. BeesNeez bodies are made from brass, Dale and Thiersch capsules seem to be well regarded...

Dany's one (poctop) is looking really good. I don't have one but would like to. Not cheap, but perhaps the best on offer round these parts ...

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=68023.0

Yeah, if Ioaudio still sells his kit you have everything here. Maybe not capsules, although people wrote a lot about which work best in U47/ELAM 251.

Oh! Didn't even realize Dany was doing a body too.

I've built 2 MK47's in the Skylar bodies. Just seeing how good I can get ONE mic. Thinking maybe I'll sell one and transplant the other. Got one of Moby's transformers on the way too. . .

Thanks guys. There's something to the weight of it in your hand as well as how well the connectors lock into place that maybe I'm obsessing too much about. Because hell, I've never owned or heard a mic that SOUNDS as good as my MK 47's. . . .

MagnetoSound said:
Dany's one (poctop) is looking really good. I don't have one but would like to. Not cheap, but perhaps the best on offer round these parts ...

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=68023.0
Yep, recommended :)

Can’t imagine anyone would ever be disappointed with BeesNeez bodies. Have their 47 body and a pair of 49 bodies and pictures do not do them justice at all compared to seeing and feeling in your hand!

I really want Dany’s body to make a 48!

Latest posts

Back