"Family values" in today's United States...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://twitter.com/aurabogado/status/999886278580551681

Attachments

• DeBMr8cUwAIUN6t.jpg
    DeBMr8cUwAIUN6t.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 10
tands said:
https://twitter.com/aurabogado/status/999886278580551681

It has been reported that prior to the girl being shot , there was resisting arrest and a fight that broke out between her group and  the border patrol. While that does not excuse the action I am willing to bet that the shooting is not so cut and dried like the left is making it out to be.  There is a pending investigation.  I also so a video they were trying to pass of this weekend of kids being separated from their families and forced to sleep on the floor.  What was clear in the video was that it was filmed in 2014.  Yet the left is using it as " blame trump". The video is clearly 2014.

I don't understand this whole blame trump for everything. I also do not understand how we can be a country if we allow a free for all.  I grew up on the border, I have seen it all first hand.  You can't just do things willie nillie just because it makes yor party look good and the opposition look bad.

Exactly. Rules need to be set in place, because there are many people that have come into a country and made bad choices in order to survive, or otherwise. If you want to immigrate into a civilized society, you must bring civil intentions and/or more with you.

If all immigrants immigrate into civilized, developed nations, who will be left to change the corrupt, uncivilized nations they are coming from? The corrupt people left in charge?  ::)

There is a certain degree of truth in, change your own state of affairs...instead of jumping fence. Don't these people love their own countries?

ps - I was unable to watch the video.

No, I don't have kids, and I couldn't watch the video(too slow downloading)...so I know nothing about the context you're building.

All I know is the law is the law...and I don't mean it to sound insensitive...but that a lot of immigrants are illegal. Or coming into the country illegally.

I can think of a thousand instances when I thought the law was being unfair to me...but I was, in fact outside of it.

I don't watch videos or read tweets, but I did see a newspaper article about this... The knee jerk response seems typical for our politicized times.

But...

1- If there was a wall or secure border fence this girl would still be alive, somewhere else.
2- If mexico didn't give migrants free passage through their country this girl would still be alive somewhere else.
3-If she entered the country legally she would still be alive.
4- etc, etc

We are already trying to improve the conditions in several central and south American countries that these families are working so hard trying to escape.  It is not fast, easy, or simple to improve living conditions where they came from. One idea I heard floated was to reduce foreign aid to these countries by the number of illegal immigrants they send up to us. But they are poor countries and have difficultly controlling their own streets, so this seems more punitive than constructive..

JR

PS: My next invention will be an undo button for twitter so dumbass tweets can be recalled and disappeared. To bad that involves time travel.  :eek: Yet one more reason I don't read tweets (or own a smartphone).

Gonna give you a little piece of advice pucho, you can thank me later. Never, ever, trust the police.

Attachments

• get with the program.jpg
    get with the program.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 6
desol said:
All I know is the law is the law...and I don't mean it to sound insensitive...but that a lot of immigrants are illegal. Or coming into the country illegally.

Who cares? What's it to you? 'The law is the law' is just an excuse for you to not think critically about it and avoid taking any responsibility for their suffering. WE DESTROY THEIR COUNTRIES. That's why you're able to be all sassy at your computer. Your ease is built on their misery. When we murder them for trying to escape what we've done to them, "Hey, the law is the law", not any of YOUR business.

pfft.

Attachments

• yesss.jpg
    yesss.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 5
tands said:
Who cares? What's it to you? 'The law is the law' is just an excuse for you to not think critically about it and avoid taking any responsibility for their suffering. WE DESTROY THEIR COUNTRIES. That's why you're able to be all sassy at your computer. Your ease is built on their misery. If we murder them for trying to escape what we've done to them, "Hey, the law is the law", not any of YOUR business.

pfft.
This is so overblown and in accurate. You, we, they, them....all unspecific. Generalized, overblown theories and rants. The law is the law is the law...and it applies to everyone. It's called objectivity. It needs to be based on something everyone agrees on, and then everyone needs to adhere to it. Including you!

The way you feel about it, doesn't matter? .

Actually, I think most people on the forum would probably appreciate that...and while you're at it...it's probably recommended that you explain yourself properly and maturely throughout threads so that people can:

1. Understand what you're talking about.
2. Not misunderstand what you're talking about.
and 3. Want to actually pay attention to what you are saying!

JohnRoberts said:
I don't watch videos or read tweets, but I did see a newspaper article about this... The knee jerk response seems typical for our politicized times.

But...

1- If there was a wall or secure border fence this girl would still be alive, somewhere else.
One way (that has happened elsewhere [Berlin], but I don't expect it to happen at the US border, at least I hope not) to "secure" a border is to make sure that anyone who does manage to cross it doesn't make it any further. This was done in Berlin with armed guards in towers with orders to shoot.

There may be ways to make a "taller, more secure" wall without the need for armed guards willing to shoot violators, but I imagine it would take longer to build and cost more (and not provide long-term jobs for people willing to be armed guards).
PS: My next invention will be an undo button for twitter so dumbass tweets can be recalled and disappeared. To bad that involves time travel.  :eek: Yet one more reason I don't read tweets (or own a smartphone).
There's a lot of bad and stupid stuff on Twitter (and other social media, and alas, Teh Internet). You can delete tweets, though there are bots and things that capture such tweets (I recall there's a site that shows deleted tweets from celebrities and politicians). I've deleted a few tweets just after posting solely because I misspelled a word, and then resent them with the correction.

But the people who post dumbass tweets likely don't know (enough) about all the "features" available. As most everywhere else online, the big problem is a lack of understanding that they're about to post something stupid BEFORE they push "Tweet."

John can delete anything he wishes to I'm assuming, as he's got Mod privileges,  he's just not mean enough to.

I am.

If you are having trouble, desol, is not my responsibility to baby step you through the situation. I do it out of the kindness of my heart. For you. Say thanks. And if you want to flounce around opining your lazy, fact free opinions don't be so injured when you aren't taken as seriously as you'd like. I'll be back in a while, I have things to attend to now.

I think it's everyone's responsibility to be clear with their communication. I(and others) don't have all day to figure out abstract conspiracy theories, or broad generalizations. Besides, it defeats the idea of logical and responsible discussion.

edited

Truth hurts.

Most of your posts are filler/rant twitter bombs. The law is the law....probably good to understand.

desol said:
Truth hurts.

Most of your posts are filler/rant twitter bombs. The law is the law....probably good to understand.

Uh huh. You're trying to claim a gang so you don't feel so alone right now.

tands said:
Gonna give you a little piece of advice pucho, you can thank me later. Never, ever, trust the police.

I know one too many people in law enforcement to know that is not the norm.  As stated previously there is a pending investigation and that the situation is not so cut and dried. 

Latest posts

Back