DIYRE RED-25 opamp (2520-style opamp)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoplex

these seem fairly new, super easy to solder and the best thing: very reasonable priced!

https://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/products/red-25-discrete-opamp-kit?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=boost

wondering if someone has experience with it, maybe even compared it to other 2520 stlye opamps?
it uses a serious amount of smd parts, but that doesn't necessarily mean worse soundquality to through-whole, right?

Looks interesting!  :)

Too bad they don't sell completely unassembled kits, without soldered smt components. That could make them even more cheaper! Why is everyone staying away from simple smt soldering? This would be a piece of cake to assemble! All can be done with regular soldering iron.

Anyway... thumbs up for DIYRE !!!

:)

L

I build all my DOAs with SMT parts, no worries whatsoever. More modern transistors available, good thinfilm resistors (like the Susumus they state they're using), more pcb real estate because components take up less space and hence more advanced circuits possible.

Attachments

• DOAs.jpg
    DOAs.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 80
volker said:
I build all my DOAs with SMT parts, no worries whatsoever. More modern transistors available, good thinfilm resistors (like the Susumus they state they're using), more pcb real estate because components take up less space and hence more advanced circuits possible.

looks decent! are they available for sale?
hit me up with a PM.. I am in Germany too :)

Back