D-EF47 Build Dual 480A tube vs. 6AK5W replacement what do I have to note

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la-2a

Hi I am building an D-EF47 Microphone .I have the Dual 408A/6028  Board and was wondering if I can replace the 408A with the 6AK5W/5654 tubes.  I use the Alctron TPS200.!  The  heater Voltage is 6V,  B+ 120V... Like that the microphone
works (Cardioid mode) but I have kind a ground humming noise ..I tried everything but no luck.. Maybe my voltages or some values in the circuit should be changed .. any suggestions.??

Thanks for the Help-! :)

Hum is a missing ground, or very crappy power. i.e. a 'builder error'.

Not "values" (unless way wrong). Not tube-type.

Hi PRR  , thank you answering my Question. I have a humm at around -50dB...  I checked all my groundings everything seems fine.

Builder error : possible.... yes you are right  i don't know a lot about Tubes  ? ;) But I think I am not the only one in this Forum ;).

Crapy PSU :  possible... Yes I use a stock Chinese Alctron PSU might be crap but it came with an Alctron MK47and it worked well . I replaced the Zehners . In the B+ there are 6x 22µF Caps the Heating H+ is regulated by an 7806....
Will try with 47µF or higher this might be better....

But the main Question is not answered.... is using 6AK5W in this design a good Idea ....

Sorry for the bad English....I tried my best ;)...

Back