Post music here

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Album sounds amazing. Bass is so thick and huge on 'a ra'. Hard to find this album in the states.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz6bVFSGJbGtrLSCS5kpNUcwzZtKcQLCZ

My high school band recorded a cassette album and a 7".
Chord progression in the verse bears a sloppy resemblance to "non-Alignment Pact." Accident or intent? Or is it too long ago to remember?

Chord progression in the verse bears a sloppy resemblance to "non-Alignment Pact." Accident or intent? Or is it too long ago to remember?
Too long ago to remember but we never consciously copied anything unless it was a cover. I wrote most of the music and the singer did the lyrics. We were definitely listening to that kind of stuff at the time. They were just around the lake but much better. Tony Maimone is one of my favorite bass players.

Brings me back to the old days , I got my first mono radio casstette player when I was around 8 years old , I remember having to contribute to the cost on top of what my parents could afford at the time . Internal mic needed a monitor switch to prevent feedback during recordings , no means of adjusting record level either . Still though , was a good grounding for later on, learning about the mechanics and cleaning the heads/tape path . At some point later I got my first computer (ZX Spectrum) which also used tapes as storage medium , copying games tape to tape was difficult on mediochre equipment , but I eventually found my uncles twin deck would do it . I remember one kid in our circle who's parents forbade them from using copied games not only that but they were instructed not lend games to others who had the abillity to make copies . I ended up selling my 'Speccy' in the early 90's for around 100 pounds , nowadays you have to pay people to take away piles of defunct computers and other electronic waste .

Anyway Paul , thanks for sharing your first forays into recording ,humble as they maybe I still liked the vibe . The exuberance and 'we'll take on the world' attitude of youth gets ground down over the years , but we endevour to persevere .

This was recorded on a cassette 4 track in the drummers attic. I was the one mostly turning the knobs. I don't think the recording quality was the limiting factor...

Demo of a song I recently wrote and recorded. Vocal mic used was Sony C38 and compressor Gain Brain. Cheers and peace!

Updated! Few things fixed, added and remixed!

Saving Grace

I know that you'll
Wait there for me
If I am lost
You'll tell me what I am missing

In times gone past
Not hard to see
I'm not without
My share of misgivings

The only thing to do
The only thing I can say

Is please, stay with me

When darkness comes
And light recedes
Will you be there
To defend me

I'm out of time
Not out of faith
I need a little
Of your saving grace

The only thing to do
The only thing I can say
Is please, stay with me
Please, stay with me

Last edited:
Here's a bit of an idea I made when I first got my Radar. Completely tracked with a 57. Kinda has a rolling stones riff, with beach boys vocals. :)

Stand Up

Open my eyes again
And I can see you there
Yeah
Come back and get me some
And I will see you around
Town
And I will see you around
Town

Here's one more. :) Home recording fun...

Screened

Now is not the time
To pretend your life away
I'm counting down the days
I have left to be grateful

I've fallen through the clouds
To my knees
There's nothing left for me
To believe
I wanted more for us
Can't you see how I'm dreaming
In the past