RCA BA-3C Input - Can someone confirm part number?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rackmonkey

GDIY Supporter
I bought an unidentified RCA transformer off eBay again. Last time, it wasn't what I expected. Hoping for better luck this time. I'm more sure of what I was looking at this time around, but can't confirm with certainty.

Based on EMRR's older posts, I strongly suspect it's an input for a BA-3C. I only have a schematic for that unit, which has the 9XXXXX-50X part numbers on it, but not the stock number (or whatever it's called) that's stamped on the bottom of the unit (in this case, XT-2874-A). It's larger than a BA-2 transformer, as you can see in the picture below. DCR readings match those specified in the BA-3C schematic almost exactly.

Can any RCA experts confirm that part/stock/whatever number as being the input for the BA-3?

Thanks in advance

qcJvIudl.jpg

vdMpvQLl.jpg

Plot results are in one of my threads, and an in/out transformer set is FS in the BM.....

buildafriend said:
Are you planning on building a BA-3C? If yes I would enjoy finding out what the performance results are. 

See EmRR’s measurements here: https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=41032.msg508997#msg508997

No, that wasn’t the intent in buying it anyway (once  Doug confirmed what they are, I managed to snag another for $65).  I was initially thinking of replacing the non-RCA inputs on two of my four channels of BA-2C clones. I bought original RCA Input/output sets from EMRR a while back for two channels, but i’ve been using some Thordarson T-48037’s for the inputs on the other two channels. They sound nice, and aren’t far off the real thing (measure very close to the RCAs), but i’d like the real thing anyaway.

Since these are program amp inputs, I assume they can take somewhat higher levels than the BA-2C inputs (though surprisingly they aren’t any heavier than the BA-2C units, despite the size difference). So i’m pondering using them for signal processing units. Just which ones, I don’t know. I’ve been wanting to replace the one in my Federal AM-864 build, but I can’t see wasting one on that one-trick pony.

Open to ideas. Maybe an oversized version of the CCA LA-1D? I have two of the Chicago BO-2 outputs that those used. Been curious about it.

Help me out if you have suggestions. Thanks!

Edit: looked back at the CCA unit and it used HA-100 on the Input. Probably not the best idea to sub one of these in for that, especially since I have one of those already.

Latest posts

Back