Rogue Irish Banker

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Rogue Irish banker David Drumm  has been convicted of fraud against the tax payer amounting 7.2 billion in loses to the public purse . Sentencing hasnt taken place yet , I hope they have rescinded the guys passport and are making him sign daily at his local nick ,even pocket change from 7.2 billion could get you spirited away out of here quick as lightening. Meanwhile the jury have requested the tapes of conversations between Mr Drumm and his work colleagues ,where he openly laughs and jokes about the tax payer picking up the tab . Course the bigger fish up the food chain were more crafty and managed to slip the net , but this blaggard wont get off the hook so easy . Considering ordinary people have been jailed for things as small as non payment of a TV licence which costs 160 euro's a year ,he's got a good long stretch inside coming to him.

Im not 100% on his current status ,but my guess is due to the nature of his crime ,he's deemed low risk and the prisons are already full of way more dangerous people ,so its most likely one last breath of fresh clean air before he shares fart aromas and slop out duties with his cell mates for a long long time . You never know  he might have friends with ocean going catamarans willing to spirit him offshore to a private island somewhere .Justice has to be seen to be done here though or public sentiment could turn really ugly against the hotch-potch government we have here just now.

Tubetec said:
... Considering ordinary people have been jailed for things as small as non payment of a TV licence which costs 160 euro's a year ...

What is a "TV license" for ordinary people? Just curious, from a different part of the world.

Gene

Hi Gene,
Yeah,  here we have a publicly funded broadcasting system and each household with a TV tuner/aerial or now even a screen above a certain size  pays a licence fee(to central government) for the pleasure of watching 'spun news' and adds, you dont pay they can lock you up. I could just imagine trying to implement this kind of system down Texas way ,the license fee guy would need armed guards and probably helicopter gunships to stop him going down in a hail of bullets :D

Anyways to answer Ians earlier question about MrD Drumm being incarcerated or not ,he walked away guilty from court today .

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-anglo-ceo-david-drumm-facing-unlimited-maximum-jail-term-as-hes-found-guilty-of-conspiracy-to-defraud-and-false-accounting-36965049.html

Looks a little glum ,dont he?  :D ahaahah

No more Dom Perignon, fine whiskey or surf n turf  for you Davey boy ,still though you'll be the life and soul of the party  once again soon enough, buying rounds of prison hooch and bags of smack for your new friends.

Gene Pink said:
What is a "TV license" for ordinary people? Just curious, from a different part of the world.

Gene

In a similar system to Ireland, in the UK the BBC is funded by a licence fee that everyone with a TV set or who watches TV on line pays. The great thing about the BBC is there are no commercial breaks. That's what irks me about Sky TV. You pay a subscription but still have to suffers commercials.

Cheers

Ian

Sky Tv are particularly bad ,if its not an add for pharmaceuticals ,its either life insurance, pay for your funeral in advance type stuff , or begging adds showing poor people dying of starvation .
Apart from watching some news and current affairs ,I gave up TV long ago .its no wonder the younger generation are coming up with all manner of 'psych' conditions nowadays ,the adds tap into 'primal fears' .

Someone told me that in Germany paying tv like Sky doesnt have adds .

Well, Drumm's sentence was handed down the other day ,6 years which will end up as about 4 years with good behaviour .
7.2 billion divided by four, so one year inside per 1.8 billion. Id say thats a fairly good incentive to get involved in white collar crime to be honest. My guess is he kept a lid on dirt and protected bigger fish, great little country though isnt it .

Latest posts

Back